 Trains / 9296
Re: 2001 UK catalogue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:08:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:

Like a lot of people, I'm interested in making classic (British) steam
locomotives, but Lego don't make this sort of thing.  Probably because
they're too parochial, so we get generic european trains instead.  And Larry
keeps up the US end of things ;)

I'm not a steamer guy. I like throbbing and turbine whine better than
hissing and cinders. There are a number of people who have shown an interest
and a flair for steam. For instance:

http://www.brickmania.com/gallery/train2/BigBoy1.html

(that's my sand tower in the background, of course, but diesels take sand too)

I'm wishing for large drive wheels, but
I'm not holding my breath.

With those you can make a lot of things... even transition era big
electrics, so ya, me too.

Jason.