 Trains / 9309
Re: ballast
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 04:04:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:
A few weeks ago I had this idea for a solution to a problem that had been bothering me for a while.  Whenever I see a green baseplate between the ties
of the train track, it looks really wierd to me.  I seen the GMLTC pics where they use a combination of various plates to acheive a ballast effect.  I
thought this was good but I never had enough spare plates to accomplish something like that.

Then I thought about the mosiac kit. My kit arrived last week.

The track is raised up one plate height mainly using dirty, miscolored and broken plates.  1x1 plates in light and medium gray are randomly arranged
around and between the track.  I didn't use the dark gray pieces because they match the track.  Two 90-piece bags will cover about 2.2 track sections.

-chris

ps. sorry for the blurry pics, no enough light in the basement.