 General / 26804
Re: 'Article from Tommorow' < Warning Speculative!!>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:39:26 GMT

<Warning this article is a speculative post designed to encourage
disscusssion on new ideas (and hopefully suggest some Ideas to TLC/TLG.) >

Hold the presses!! Some new info just come through on the WAP service from
Lego.com...

In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:

Yet more Harry Potter... Hmmmm. Glad to see they haven't run out of ideas.

And thats the new news...  Hogwarts Expresss!!! (At last).. Althoguh I'm not
sure how they going to do Platform 9&3/4...;-)

Starbase 2020 looks likey to be ending in 2006 but its going out with a
bang... Just look at the Space station in the catalouge.. With Solar panels
that pwoer the light and Sound!!( Looks like they did quite a bit of
reasearch to got those Solar cells small enough!!.) Oh and some new parts to
enable mounting of the model as a mobile...

Nope, Not going... TLG says it stays for the time being as a companion to
the Colony 2030 range.. Has someone been talking to Edwards,Larry,Jake or Brad?

There is also unsually a letter from Lego Direct in the catlouge for Fall 2005
Saying that TLG is looking into supporting Linux in 2006 (promted by the
fans?)... Wonder how that will sit with their partners in Redmond? They were
were ambivlant about the Mac and Escape.net 'content co-operation' partnerships.

There are also looking to suppourt RO6.. (The updated version of an obscure
Britsh OS that was popular in schools during the early 1990's) Wow! At last
seomthing Lego(R) to run on my Risc machine...

LegoDirect also says that they will be a few new items not in the preview
catalouge.. Wonder what they could be? ( They did this before .. Justbefore
Switchtrack(2002) and Midnight City(2003) ranges.)

Clarification:  Switchtrack is the DCC/Mindstorms system for trains... I'm
very suprised they managed to get it to retrofit so well...

Midnight City was the non HP- Haunted House range... It did not sell very
well owing to the HP range being in the cataloge at the same time...

Anyhow any news on LCAD-6D?(An evloving LCAD standard)
(Should be esaier now that a major bug in GLCad3D is fixed..;-) )
And the other day I had a call from someone stil using a 1997 copy of the
original L-Draw!! Well you can't kill a good idea..

And ISTR a major CAD magazine rating GLCAD3D quite highly withtn the last
few days.. (Err has anyone else seen the magazine?)

XXXXXXXXX

This Article has been posted via the site at #############
in accordance with the T&C for that site.

Notification of abuses should be sent to: ###############.

Alex