 General / 26687
Re: New 'Colony 2030' Theme< Warning Speculative!!>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:39:13 GMT

Warning this article is a speculative post designed to encourage
disscussion on new ideas (and hopefully suggest some Ideas to TLC/TLG.)

In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:
According to the advance preview catalouge ( ' Well done S@L!!:-)' ) It
would appear that the new 'Colony 2030' range will fetaure about 3 Major
sets...-That link up tyo form a base... (6 32x32 Baseplate <faints> and
saucer plates in tan!!). Amongst the smaller sets are a planetry explorer, a
shuttle and a mobile laboratory!!..

wow oh wow, i hear that the FIVE (not 3) main new colony sets (sic) will
have lots of alien flora and fauna and junglelike terrain (adventurers-ish)
with colony buildings as follows:

2031 Hydroponics lab - bubble dome greenhouse, supplies food for the colony
2032 Medlab - hitech med faciltiy for analyzing alien enzymes and treating
     colonists
2033 ColonySupplyShip - landing baseplate w/ ship.  (commutes between orbital
     colony ship and ground base)
2034 ReplicationFactory - an atom-by-atom collator facility that makes all the
     clothes, hammers, etc. that the colony needs.

and last but definitely my fave:

2035 Alien Ruins - (whoohoo, saucer plates in tan) Alien Ruins w/ aliens
     frozen in sarcophagi (egypt set leftovers?) and some cool alien
     artifacts

the smaller kits are as follows:

2036 Planetary Explorer - a mobile van-like modular specimen-gathering
     lab
2037 Survey Ornithopter - a robotic geographical surveying flyer
2038 Shuttle - a small shuttle for moving intrepid colonists about

hmm, looks like the mobile lab is the same as the exporer...

;-)

-paul