 General / 27104
Re: 'Article from Tommorow' < Warning Speculative!!>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:09:23 GMT

"Mike Horvath" <mikehorvath@juno.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:

Anyhow any news on LCAD-6D?(An evloving LCAD standard)
(Should be esaier now that a major bug in GLCad3D is fixed..;-) )
And the other day I had a call from someone stil using a 1997 copy of the
original L-Draw!! Well you can't kill a good idea..

Yeah, I still prefer using the original version of LDraw.  MLCad uses too
many of my system resources.  I wish someone would update LDraw!!!

Mike

Hi Mike -
Unfortunately, LDraw in its original format is not going to get updated.  The
reason is the original files are the property of the Jessiman family, and I also
believe only two people have the source code (besides them).  The Jessimans are
very supportive of what has happened to promote what James has started.  Still,
out of respect for James and the lack of a genuine need for an update, the
original package will remain the same indefinitely.  Those of us involved with
maintaining these resources agree that though its a great tool, we are much
better off focusing on making progress into bigger, fuller-featured applications
than continuing the old DOS system.

We realize that a lot of people still enjoy using the original stuff.  LDraw.org
will never cease to support and make available the LDraw package, but what's out
there will progress and the site will embrace it.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@ldraw.org