 General / 26753
Re: 'Article from Tommorow' < Warning Speculative!!>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:09:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:
<Warning this article is a speculative post designed to encourage
disscusssion on new ideas (and hopefully suggest some Ideas to TLC/TLG.) >

"
Date Aug 2005...
Subject: 2006? '
Well it looks like we going to colonise a planet!!

The Lego Group has just announced via it's WAP service that they will be
releasing a new space range in 2006.  And it appears that its Classic Space
with a few more modern parts.

According to the advance preview catalouge ( ' Well done S@L!!:-)' ) It
would appear that the new 'Colony 2030' range will fetaure about 3 Major
sets...-That link up tyo form a base... (6 32x32 Baseplate <faints> and
saucer plates in tan!!). Amongst the smaller sets are a planetry explorer, a
shuttle and a mobile laboratory!!..

Hey!  You didn't mention the new Star Wars sets!  We're finally getting a
Sandcrawler with 3 Jawas and assorted droids!  Woo-Hoo!  And check out the
latest sections to the modular Death Star sets - finally, the cell block,
and look how it fastens on top of last year's trash compactor!  Cool!  And
check out that hanger bay - it actually holds the Millenium Falcon!  Plus
more cool ships from Episode III!!! And look at all of those white macaroni
bricks on the turret in the Hoth Echo Base set - it's about time we get some
Snowtroopers!  And you gotta love that UCS AT-St!  Wow, TLC has really out
done themselves this time - and they still have the Star Wars license
through 2007!

Kevin

Starbase 2020 looks likey to be ending in 2006 but its going out with a
bang... Just look at the Space station in the catalouge.. With Solar panels
that pwoer the light and Sound!!( Looks like they did quite a bit of
reasearch to got those Solar cells small enough!!.) Oh and some new parts to
enable mounting of the model as a mobile...

Minfigs can now go ski-ing and snowbaording.
...well at least in the US they can :-(

There is also unsually a letter from Lego Direct in the catlouge for Fall 2005
Saying that TLG is looking into supporting Linux in 2006 (promted by the
fans?)... Wonder how that will sit with their partners in Redmond? They were
were ambivlant about the Mac and Escape.net 'content co-operation' partnerships.

LegoDirect also says that they will be a few new items not in the preview
catalouge.. Wonder what they could be? ( They did this before .. Justbefore
Switchtrack(2002) and Midnight City(2003) ranges.)

Anyhow any news on LCAD-6D?(An evloving LCAD standard)
(Should be esaier now that a major bug in GLCad3D is fixed..;-) )
And the other day I had a call from someone stil using a 1997 copy of the
original L-Draw!! Well you can't kill a good idea..

XXXXXXXXX

This Article has been posted via the site at #############
in accordance with the T&C for that site.

Notification of abuses should be sent to: ###############.
"

Well I can speculate can't I? Perhaps this would be better in
lugnet.fictional.future ....

Alex