 General / 26752
Re: Skate Park
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:57:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake Gartin writes:
Does anyone want to sell some CRAPPs?  I just got a great idea for one.  A
skate park!  Add in some rails and roof slopes, and throw in a fig on a 1x4
plate.  Speaking of which, does anyone else make lego skateboarders, or am I
just insane?

When I was much younger and skating was just becoming cool again (I guess this
was about 1986 or 87) my friend and I built a great big skate park.  At the
time, the best we could do for a skateboard was a 2x4 plate, with two of the
2x2 plates with wheels (and metal axles) stuck through it attached below the
2x4 plate, and then the wheels were removed.  Then we got the bright idea to
stick a 1x2 plate on top of the 2x4 plate at one end, and we thought we were
pretty cool.

Oh my god, that was 1986.  Jeez.  Get me my walker, you little whippersnapper.
Back in my day, we didn't have these fancy "CRAPP"s and stuff, we had to build
our skate parks out of regular sloped bricks... eh?  What's that?  Fetch me my
hearing cone... ah, fergetit, yeh punk yeh.  Get off my lawn!

eric