 General / 26743
Re: 'Centuria' < Warning Speculative!!>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:15:35 GMT

Warning this article is a speculative post designed to encourage
discussion on new ideas (and hopefully suggest some Ideas to TLC/TLG.)
In lugnet.general, Paul Hartzog writes:

In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:
The 2005 catlouge for Fall seems to also have some nice stuff in it...

A Roman fort in what appears to be a new 'Empires..' rnage. (ISTr it being
called 'Centuria' on a Lugnet post back into 2002 when it was speculated..)

hey groovy,
i like these a lot
the centurion helmets really rule and i like the armor too

the Pantheon kit is a little hard to build but WOW is it cool

So is the fort if you build one of the alternates and make a few changes...
I was even considering using a few classic castle peices to build a
Saxon-era diaroma... (Well the Saxons reused old roman sites didn't
they?)FUT:lugnet.off-topic.non-lego-archeology...

And then of course I hear rumours for my local MegaToy outlet that Castle
will be back (albiet more expensive :-( ) for Christmas 2006!! <faints> But
I'm inlcinded to be skceptical after TLG themselves said MegaToy had got it
wrong after they stated Trains line would be dead in 2003... And MegaToy
said Jr. was the future... How wrong they were!!!

Alex