 Trains / 9304
Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:57:02 GMT

Dan Parker (PNLTC) did a lot of leg work in this department and was met with
a luke warm response at best. In fact Dan created rolling stock with themes
like, Starbucks, TRU, I can't remember the rest but there are several and
they are really cool! And even with these fine examples the whet their
appetite, not much in the way of response :(
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
Those are great Steve. I think people really like to look at a layout and be
able to reconize buildings and scenes from the local area. And stores like
Target, Home Depot, MickyDees are all easy to pick up on.

Now the trick is to get these stores to pay sponsorship to have their stores
on the layouts. I've always thought this would be a good way to make money
for the clubs. Build the local Chevy dealers car lot on the layout, in
return he pays a fee per year. This way you get local flavor plus the funds
to build the structures.

jt

----
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Here's some new pics of building slated for the PDX GATS...

Target: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28561

Home Depot: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28559
and http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28560

McD: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28560 (copied from the
pics of the MICHLTC show, a nice rendition:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2837)

still working on Circuit City, Hollywood Video and more!

SteveB
I'd rather be building trains
P N L T C