 Trains / 9367
Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 05:43:23 GMT

Peter F. Guenther <pguenthe@zdnetonebox.com> wrote:

How *DO* other groups handle parking?  Do you make parking lots?  I didn't
do the drive-thru for my McDonald's because I couldn't bring myself to spend
that much on just tiles.  So what do people use?

Use basic bricks/plates and lay them on their side.  Obviously this works
best if your layout has "depth", i.e. isn't just baseplates on plywood.
The advantage is that you can put in your own center/edge lines, crosswalks,
handicapped parking places, etc. using yellow/white plates, so your "asphalt"
fits your layout perfectly.

Steve [GMLTC]
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/