 Trains / 9302
Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:45:52 GMT

Steve & All,

Peter,
Thanks for the comps! The windows are those big ugly
2x6x6 freestyle
(pseudo-fabuland) windows that we never know what to do
with. :)  The door
are 2x4x5 that normally house solid 6 panel doors. And I
need to flush out
some more detal as well.

You have some excellent creations, I love the Target & Home
Depot as well. It really captures the essence, especially
the carts for Home Depot. Very nice touch. Too bad LEGO
doesn't make a normal shopping cart!

Thanks so much for the MOC it
truely is a copy of
yours, only that I only had a grainy pictre to copy from.

Hey, those are my grainy pictures your complaining about!;)
My camera is almost as tempermental as I am. The lighting in
there really was horrible, Larry & I had a hard time taking
pictures. Flash makes it look downright weird, and "natural
light" / no flash makes it fuzzy. Go figure.

Peter did a remarkable job on that McDonalds. Next to the
airport, it was probably the next favorite building. I had a
few people ask if they sold those. Hey Lego, look at Peter
's and look at your Photomat McDonalds.

I am planning on using the 125* series Shell sets to make an
American Shell station, hopefuly for the next train show. We
shall see. The only big problem is the pumps, I might have
to use AutoCad to make them look realistic.

Good job again, Steve!

Scott S.

Please visit http://www.cleanweb.net