 Trains / *8069 (-100)
  PNLTC - Steve ?

I tried to e-mail Steve via the webmaster feedback section of the PNLTC web-site, but the address was rejected. I notice that he hasn't posted in about a year... SRC (Another Steve) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

Lawrence, Congratulations. Very good. David (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Something different

Hi everybody didn't know where to post this, as there is no Model Team Forum, but before you go off on me check following link, even though i am a 6 wide man, i am throwing oil in the fire for 8 wides or more, i think you guys will appreciate these (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Bridges (was Re: More fun with TD...)

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes: <snip> (...) Bridges are what I do - I can't concieve of a NALug layout that I would not be able to provides the bridges for. (If we got a major influx from other clubs or TLC I might have a problem, but (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC pictures from the October Greenberg show

(...) I asked James the same question, he sent me this link: (URL) it's the camera car. The GMLTC wants to do something similar, I purchased a very small video camera that we want to hide inside one of our locomotives. I'm not sure where we'll hide (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

Yep that's it. Michael Hader built it. You can see closer pictures of it at: (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Martin <martinsa@mail.com> wrote in message news:G2816w.9vo@lugnet.com... (...) what (...) Not (...) to see (...) LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC pictures from the October Greenberg show

What is the yellow car in this picture: (URL) it the camera car? I never saw a close up and I couldn't figure out what it was. Steve Martin #57 (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More pictures of GFLTC at the H & R Show

(...) Yes, a schedule:-) Reminds me of last Spring-- my family and I vacationed in FL the week before a GFLTC show in Tampa-- I was bummed! We are going to be there again next Spring as well..... -John (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Model, MOC Fabuland Train

That's pretty neat. It has a very quirky appearance to it. It reminds me if Disney's Toon Town. What are you using as a motor? It looks like an old 4.5v motor (the large black kind with a chassis). However, it looks like you are using technic rods (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: More pictures of GFLTC at the H & R Show

Great pictures I especially like the fire station (URL) you have any close ups of some of the other models? Someday you guys will have the train show while I am in Florida. Is there some sort of set schedule for the shows? Rose Robin Werner wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC pictures from the October Greenberg show

NGLTC Members, Great work! Love the race way and the big rig... Build on... Robin W GFLTC (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  More pictures of GFLTC at the H & R Show

Hi All, More pictures of the GFLTC at the H & R Train Show are on line. Check them out at (URL) again KK for all the great pictures. More pictures and movies of the show coming soon. Build on... Robin W Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Monorail custom coupler pictures

Many hours and several iterations have passed working toward another custom monorail coupler. Here is my latest attempt. It is not at all what I proposed in an earlier thread; so much for my being able to "build in my brain"! (URL) design is still (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

I agree. Very creative, Ben. The ivy is a nice "touch" of realism. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC pictures from the October Greenberg show

Very nice looking show layout. Thanks for posting so many pictures! later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: additional sets in the LEGO Studios line

(...) Never mind the new click hinges, how about the clock! James (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 18 Wide: Woo-hoo (was Re: Answers)

(...) Hi,John, my 18-wides started as double of 8-wides...that means with 16-wide body and sleepers. Because I remembered that in my N gauge trains the sleepers were 16 mm. wide (about .65 inches),I decided to use a small N gauge wagon as (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) I have seen things online that are good & great. I have seen things that impress & inspire me. This station makes me want to quit creating with lego. (though I won't) Congrats! This is fantastic. -Jonathan (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

This is fantastic, Lawrence. Absolutely stunning. The roof structures, both arching and "glass" are excellent, and the interior details are splendid. Congrats!! Wow.... later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

Ben: Great work. I really like how you created the "half moon" windows using two macaroni bricks set at 90 degrees. Very creative. I will have to "borrow" that concept. Tim Reinhard "Ben" Beneke <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC pictures from the October Greenberg show

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club survived another show, we had a blast. Not only was there the standard layout, we had a few new additions. Including the Kids Layout (great stuff these guys built), video train camera (got to see the layout though (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: New Model, MOC Fabuland Train

(...) For starters, don't call it a train. It so far is a locomotive, without a tender. Good start though. Reminds me of those street trams gussied up to look like trains (Bournemouth has some which I saw on my walkabout this morning). (...) This (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  New Model, MOC Fabuland Train

Hello fellow lugnetters, I have just built the Fabuland Express mkI (URL) is built on a 4.5v motor, with a Technic axle. It is 8 studs wide. The wheels are brown. (What other colors do those round bricks come in?) I have used mainly Basic + Fabuland (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Remote controlled 9V points by using 12V remotes

Hi guys! This weekendI was looking at my newly optained 9V switches and my older 12 automatic switches, and I think that it might be possible to use the 12V swithcing unit to control a 9V point. 1. it seems to me that the "stick" moves the same (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) Wow: big is beautiful! (especially with so many lovely small details). "Leg Godt!" Ben (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Day One Pics at H & R Show...

Simply stunning. The pics held me spellbound. dan parker PNLTC (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

(...) These were done eons ago using Nebula Outpost supplied thinwalls. From my freight cars page: (URL) started out trying to make a tank but when I got done it looked more like a covered hopper to me so I gave it roofwalks and some slopes at the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) <Snip> Your station is awesome! Great details, great use for the trans-blue thin walls. I love the architecture. I think you'll have to build an ambulance for the blue and red minifig in the second picture on the right (pa 070317.jpg)-bottom (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

Yes, I like these bricks for a tank/airflow covered hopper look. Lar built a nice one quite a while ago: (URL) , and I myself have built one even longer in an 8 wide version, but no pics as of yet:-( -John (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Ran" <ran@netgate.net> wrote in message news:XZUz3uUXNpcF-pn...ate.net... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I built this a while ago. The biggest problem with this design is the reliance on yellow 45 degree slopes which can be somewhat hard to come (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) I am working on a 'day in the life' of Metro Terminus . Setting up the minifigs for the morning rush hour, the daytime where tourists etc are more in common, then the evening rush hour, finally late evening when the drunks are on their way (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

(...) Not sure about other folks, but Michel Magnan has done some that look pretty cool... (URL) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) the (...) (URL) Any picture with chris on it is my stuff i brought and also all the monorail is mine <i say grinning> (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

(...) "Simple" can also be "awesome": if I were a Mega-bloks product manager looking to start a Trains line, I'd consider a design that could be inexpensively produced, using only existing basic elements, to be pretty "awesome". I like the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) It has my vote for CLSOTW for sure (and a nomination of course) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

Hi Ben, thanks for the detailed new pitures! You build a nice piece to cover some sqaure inches of wallpaper!! Today I build the electric-power-system for your station. (Could be lifted with the crane ;-)) [If only I would have a digital-camera ;-(( (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) What's the URL? regards lawrence (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) them) (...) Your right about that,right now i'm just makeing them longer(i have 12 of the 1775's)and several from skyway and jetport sets.The gates 20will have those jetways (i took a small sample of it to our fest in chicago couple of months (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) That appears to be happening, it's got 5 votes already as of this posting and I predict it will get a number of additional ones since it has two bangs and is already sorting to the top of some of the hotlists. Someone nominate this page for (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:G24JpK.DI5@lugnet.com... (...) Other people have to write posts about the great detail, all the minifigs* cool roof construction** and the size of it, because I am (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) thanks for the comments. Yes, your not the first to comment it looks more like air hockey. But I dont think I have come across a air hockey table in a British pub or bar, mainly amusement arcades. (funny enough I was playing air hockey today (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) WOW! Another awesome train station! It deserves a spotlight. - Dan (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) Thats sounds BIG. Funny enough, my son wants us to build an airport terminal for our next project. The big plates and lots of glass walls lend themselves nicely to the high tech design of most modern airports. We did have a 'pilot' project, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) And I am indeed edified by your edifice! Thanks! This station rocks. Raises the bar for large train stations, and then some. LOTS of neat detail. One suggestion, I think the thing being played in the bar looks more like an air hockey table to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Large Station project

(...) Totaly cool Lawrence,like you i'm using those 48 stud grey plates(11 of them) for my airport roof. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: First MOC online!

"Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:G1z3yJ.MME@lugnet.com... (...) "Gottwald" (...) A really impressive model - and I really like the pneumatics, it gives the crane not only displayvalue but also excellent playvalue! (...) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Metro Terminus - Large Station project

For your edification.... I have just about completed my Metro Terminus Station. You can view it at (URL) for train fans. Something for architecture fans. FYI It covers 6x 48 stud baseplates. There are another 4x 48 stud baseplates in the roof There (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch) !!

  Re: Day One Pics at H & R Show...

"Robin Werner" <robstormer@cs.com> wrote in message news:G21KC0.ItH@lugnet.com... (...) Check (...) for (...) Great pictures! The diversity of the modules make it an interesting display! -Frank (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:G20Iyo.3x5@lugnet.com... (...) station (...) here: (...) -Frank (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Day One Pics at H & R Show...

(...) Dear Robin, thanks for sharing these pictures with us and good luck for the event! Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

(...) Hi Shiri! The pictures with the ivy have been added just a few minutes before: so nobody could mention them so far. I even used the arms of a green dragon for those plants: that could be a really new use for that otherwise monofunctional part. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

(...) And (...) the (...) This (...) Dear Gary, you have an sharp eye. This trick, to make an half stud offset and hide the gap behind a pillar, is a trick I like alot and which I have done in several models before, like for e.g. here: (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

(...) those plants - I'm taking notes! -Shiri (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: When was GMLTC started? (was: Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation)

I don't think I've ever more agreed with Larry <grin> October 1992 or 1994 was when John G and I started to build with Conan and Chuck. John G a little sooner than I, it was right about the time that Conan came to work at the Lego Imagination Center (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: When was GMLTC started? (was: Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation)

(...) I doesn't have to be exact if there isn't an exact date. I think in most cases there are exact dates...it's just that I'd prefer to know exact dates if at all possible. If not, that's OK too. --Todd (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: When was GMLTC started?

(...) As for an exact date, I'd use the date J-1 registered gmltc.org. (...) Nope. Can't take it. I had originally thought about the name "Upper Midwest LEGO Train Club". J-1 had thought about "Greater Minnesota LEGO Train Club", and even (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: When was GMLTC started?

(...) 1985 was the first year a layout was taken to a show. The other date is much more fluid. (I wasn't around for either; this is based on Conan's comments today while we were trashing the old layout.) (...) That is probably much closer to your (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: When was GMLTC started? (was: Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation)

(...) Why exactly? (both senses...) That is, exactly why do you need to know this, and why does it have to be exact? Would the year be good enough? GMLTC started from one guy and his uncle who loved LEGO and grew from there. It's the granddaddy of (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  When was GMLTC started? (was: Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation)

(...) Would anyone happen to know an exact date for either of those? (...) I guess what I'm looking for is the exact date on which GMLTC started calling itself GMLTC (i.e., that it became that entity, however informally) and also, if known, the date (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: 18 Wide: Woo-hoo (was Re: Answers)

(...) Oops, sorry, I meant to ask if he was a part of the GBLTC.... -John (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 18 Wide: Woo-hoo (was Re: Answers)

(...) he made the ITLUG wagon that was at the GBoWR show, so what do you think? :-) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Day One Pics at H & R Show...

I really like the station/town portion with the multiple levels of road plates. The escalators in the station are very effective. Hope the rest of the show goes well! Nicholas Allan "Robin Werner" <robstormer@cs.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  18 Wide: Woo-hoo (was Re: Answers)

(...) Gianluca- As a 14 wide builder myself, I'm curious about your 18 wide trains. What scale are you working at? What are you using for wheels and track? My guess is that you are merely making static display models, but if not, I'd really be (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Answers

Hi all, first of all thank you all for what you said about my latest MOCs. I know I'm answering a little late (excuse me),but I was very busy in the days following the releasing of my pics. (...) Yes,James,the skirtings are fixed to the trucks. And (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Day One Pics at H & R Show...

(...) interior details and the escalators remind me of a "metro" in Prague that I used to catch every day when I was a kid. Looking at this train station I can't really think of any improvements because it's just perfect. - Dan (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

(...) OK, thanks! Updated: (URL) was WAMALUG officially formed then? I've got November 15, 1999 as the earliest seen mention of the name. How close is July 16, 1999 to the official formation date of NOVALTC? Thanks, --Todd (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

(...) well, not quite. NOVALTC changed it's name in nov '99 to WAMALUG. WAMALTC was created June, 21, 2000... :) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

I am starting a list of local users group and clubs. I want it to be as complete as possible and for the history books (and, aw heck, for charts and graphs someday) I'd like to include the official dates of formation of each group/club. As a first (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.nl, lugnet.org.it, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.announce) !!

  Day One Pics at H & R Show...

Hi All, Day one pictures of the GFLTC at the H & R Train Show are now on line. Check them out at (URL) Thanks KK for all the great pictures. Two days to go! See you at the show... Build on... Robin W Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (URL) more info (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

WOW : ) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More fun with TD...

(...) Ben Fleskes (who designed them) used to have the plans on his Web-site, (URL) the links don't "click" (at least for me). That may be on purpose, as it says at the bottom "If you would like detailed drawings of the modules or have questions (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dept. store window train display

(...) Using an optical sensor from LEGO is by far the way to go IMO. If it was me doing the display, I'd put a child-size cut-out with hands over eyes and the sensor bricks behind the "eye-balls holes". The figure would have a balloon saying "Cover (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

Ben, It looks great!!!! I like the way you used the "macaroni" bricks above the windows in the arches. And I noticed right away that you used the 1x2 tiles with central hole to shift the small 1x1x2 thin tall windows and get them centered above the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

Hi Ben, nice to see your latest train station!! Again, you've done a great job! Why didn't you use one of the numerus railway cranes to build up the building?? And what does the station look like from the other site? Is it open, to play inside? (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

(...) here: (...) Thats a great station! I would love to see it with tan bricks instead of yellow. Maybe LEGO will start to sell the tan bricks in the bulk packs. Hello? Lego? Hint, Hint, Hint... It is October & LEGO promised more bulk packs.... (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

(...) Details will follow on Sunday evening. (...) The building is locatet at "Nordstraße" just 400 meters north of the Universities old main buildings and it belongs now to the "Stadtwerke" (local energie supplier). Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

(...) here: (...) Very nice job, Ben. I especially like your detail work around the windows and would like to see some close-up pictures of those areas when you get a chance. Where is this building located in Braunschweig? I've only been to the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New station building at Brickshelf Gallery

Hi all, I have built a new train station after the old - now not longer used - station building of my hometown Braunschweig. Pictures of the model as well as one of the real building are to be found here: (URL) pictures are not that perfect, but (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.build) !

  Re: First MOC online!

(...) here again: great model Holger! I think we all look forward to see more of your highly detailed creations. If your first attempt was such successful, how will your MOCs be, when you are better trained? "Leg Godt!" Ben (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC online!

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Maynes writes: <snip>...surely SOMEBODY will build something that needs lifting? ;^) (...) Well, I designed a nifty transformer in dark gray. It just barely fits a lowboy. Maybe I can twist Tom Rafert's arm into loading some (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC online!

Hi Holger, (...) "Gottwald" (...) Brilliant! Now that is a fine looking piece of hardware. (...) I can hardly wait! (...) I'd very much like to see more pictures, with the crane in various positions of use. So far though I like it very much, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fair warning, I think I'm coming back

Larry, I read your post stating that your coming over again to work on another = project and that you'll be in the Docklands area? I don't work far from Docklands (London) and wondered if you would like = to buy a Cybermaster set? I know you were (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Sketches/Photos up

(...) model, (...) These photos you've pointed out show nice control cab details, such as the side-mounted horns. Thanks! later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC online!

(...) (Marv Alpert voice) Yyyyyyyyesss!! Yyyyyessss!! HUUUUGE thumbs-up from this Space fan!!! Very cool, very cool!! --Todd (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  First MOC online!

Hi all, my first MOC is online!! See pictures on my brichshelf gallery on (URL) build a 8-wide telescope-railway crane by the German Crane Company "Gottwald" from Duesseldorf. The original will lift 100 tons!! The LEGO model contains following (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New Sketches/Photos up

* Larry Pieniazek (lpieniazek@mercator.com) [000929 20:00]: (...) More photos here: (URL) up tho good work. :) Ciao! (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Glass switch" for dept store window train display

(...) Or use a fancy capacitive plate: cut the foil into the shape of, say, a hand or a Christmas tree. (...) It may take a little tweaking to get the size of the antenna right, but it should be pretty solid once you do. Make sure you test with (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Glass switch" for dept store window train display

Just thinking : might a cool use for Mindstorms and the RCX, have two light sensor bricks facing out of the window and then respond only to quick light intensity changes, to account for day and night time illumination. And use the third sensor input (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

(...) get (...) old (...) I heartily agree with you, we're in this to have fun. Not to 'count rivets' as some in the NMRA do. This is one of the reasons I had left the NMRA in the first place-Harvey (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

(...) My inclination is that 4 diameter is acceptable. While we certainly should use all available parts for more accurate models, ultimately we are working in a medium which will always have a toy-like appearance, especially if we want to populate (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fair warning, I think I'm coming back

(...) Omigod. I don't even want to *think* about it. Of course the reverse also applies... literally :-) Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego Web page: (URL) Park: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Glass switch" for dept store window train display

(...) What about the Mindstorms Vision Command? That would be a nearly 'all Lego' solution - other than the pc required to run the software... ;-) I've got one, but I haven't played with it yet. I'm sure the other GMLTC members will find many (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

(...) Not sure I parsed this one correctly. They seem "cute". Kind of small, and could use some detailing like railings, ladders, discharge valving, etc. BUt a good start. Question for the group, should a tank like this be 4 diameter or 6. For a 6 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fair warning, I think I'm coming back

(...) Thanks for digging that list up. I'd say the Lefties are in large part (but not all, Sweden the ex and Japan being notable exceptions) former colonies or at least Commonwealth countries. (Canada being the large exception but think of how (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.trains)

  Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

Well everybody, I'm back once more with a new pic. Check out my tank cars at (URL) . As you can tell, they are pretty simple and not all that awesome like that 8-wide crane car I saw earlier(kudos to the guy who made that), but since I had no round (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  "Glass switch" for dept store window train display

I landed a contract to build a holiday-themed train display for a local department store. Woo-hoo! [sound both the train and I are making] What I'm looking for is an activation switch such that, when mounted on the __inside__ of the glass window, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Track Geometry

(...) I had the Dremel out 2 nights ago, along with the Jewler's hacksaw, and the small soldering iron. I now have a few more 1/2 straights (and I need them all...) I wish Lego would make a pack with 4, 8, 12 long pieces..perhaps 3,4,8 (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Geometry

Sounds like a circuitous solution to simply slicing straights! <g,d &r> -John (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact