 Trains / 7697
7696  |  7698
Subject:
Remote controlled 9V points by using 12V remotes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:08:16 GMT

Hi guys!
This weekendI was looking at my newly optained 9V switches and my older 12
automatic switches, and I think that it might be possible to use the 12V
swithcing unit to control a 9V point.

1. it seems to me that the "stick"  moves the same distance in both of them,
and the position is the same. I will have to breake a 9V point for testing,
so I havent done it yet.
2. there might be a problem as the 9V points lock in the 2 positions, I am
not sure whether the 12V remote unit is string enough the pull/push this.

Has anyone tried this?
Does anyone have a broken 9V point for sale/trade? I will have to demolish
it anyway, and I dont want to do that with my own ones!

I red in some posting on the lugnet.trains, that some one is using the
signals for 9V trains, which is quite easy. If only this can be done with
points as well, then 75% of the remote stuff can be used for 9V! That would
be cool!
(the 25% more is the levelcrossings, they are really easy to convert!)
I doubt that the 7862 can be converted though....  I happen to have a broken
one, so I might try it on request.

Rgds
Sonnich