 Trains / 7636
Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:47:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
Anyway, some input would help give these little
cars some meaning on ones layout. any takers?  -Harvey

Not sure I parsed this one correctly. They seem "cute". Kind of small, and
could use some detailing like railings, ladders, discharge valving, etc.

BUt a good start.

Question for the group, should a tank like this be 4 diameter or 6. For a 6
wide car, 4 is stubby, and 6 is almost too wide. Maybe 5 wide? That might get
the rounding right. (a 6 wide done with 2 45 slopes in a row has too much
slope, and done with one 33 slope has not enough... and the wrong shape)

Doing tanks with slopes is hard. What we really need is a bazillion of the old
style 5 diameter sponge tire hubs in lots of different colors.

++Lar