 Trains / 7637
Re: "Glass switch" for dept store window train display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:02:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dan Parker writes:
I landed a contract to build a holiday-themed train display for a local
department store.  Woo-hoo! [sound both the train and I are making]

What I'm looking for is an activation switch such that, when mounted on the
__inside__ of the glass window, passers-by on the sidewalk can activate the
train, tree lights, etc.  Anybody have experience with one of these?  The goal
is cost-effective implementation with no holes in the building and minimal
fire hazard.  Is anything like this available off the shelf?

What about the Mindstorms Vision Command?  That would be a nearly 'all Lego'
solution - other than the pc required to run the software... ;-)

I've got one, but I haven't played with it yet.  I'm sure the other GMLTC
members will find many suggestions on how we can use it!

JohnG, GMLTC