 Trains / 7694
Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 06:42:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh writes:
Train-newbie question:  has anyone done tank car MOCs using "facet"
bricks?

These were done eons ago using Nebula Outpost supplied thinwalls.

From my freight cars page:
http://my.voyager.net/lar/train_freight.html

http://my.voyager.net/lar/tank_box.JPG
http://my.voyager.net/lar/Big_hopp_side.JPGhttp://my.voyager.net/lar/Big_hopp_3
-4_view.JPG

I started out trying to make a tank but when I got done it looked more like a
covered hopper to me so I gave it roofwalks and some slopes at the bottom.

To my jaded eye this model now looks pretty crude and not all that
prototypical. It's not a hopper and it's not a tank! Covered hoppers don't
have rounded ends, and tanks don't have full width walkways.

I also tried making a tank using octagonal castle wall corners but that didn't
come out so great either.

++Lar