 Trains / 7663
7662  |  7664
Subject:
18 Wide: Woo-hoo (was Re: Answers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 13:18:07 GMT

gianluca morelli wrote:

Yes,Chris,there are two cranks on the back: they control the lifting of
the boom (arm?) and of the small hook.
The big hook is fixed to the boom.
There's a plenty of gears (and screw-worm gears) inside the
crane....there was no room enough to let the big hook moveable.
Maybe in 18 wide.....(No,I'm not kiddind,I'm really working on 18 wide
trains)

Gianluca-

As a 14 wide builder myself, I'm curious about your 18 wide trains.  What
scale are you working at?  What are you using for wheels and track?  My
guess is that you are merely making static display models, but if not, I'd
really be interested to know.  BTW do you hang out with the ITLUG boys?

-John