 Trains / 7662
7661  |  7663
Subject:
Answers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 10:06:42 GMT

Hi all,
first of all thank you all for what you said about my latest MOCs.
I know I'm answering a little late (excuse me),but I was very busy in
the days following the releasing of my pics.

James Mathis wrote:
I love the skirting about the wheels on the locomotives.
It looks like the wheels and the skirting pivot together.
Is that true?
If so, the skirting fits flush with the central undercarriage of the
locomotive.
Then is there a spring inside attached to the pivot on the wheelsets?

Yes,James,the skirtings are fixed to the trucks.
And there's a third couple of skirtings in the middle,fixed to the
engine.
The trucks themselves are put at a distance of 1 stud from the middle
skirting,that is 2x8 (made with 2 1x8 or 4 2x2 tiles on a 2x6 plate)
The gap between fixed and moveable skirtings is filled by a 2x8 plate
with two 2x3 sopes on it,that is holded (vertically and crosswise) by
the truck.
Anyway,the gap is invisible looking at the engine from its sides.

Christopher Tracey wrote:
I see a bunch of knobs on the backside of yours, do these control
movement?

Yes,Chris,there are two cranks on the back: they control the lifting of
the boom (arm?) and of the small hook.
The big hook is fixed to the boom.
There's a plenty of gears (and screw-worm gears) inside the
crane....there was no room enough to let the big hook moveable.
Maybe in 18 wide.....(No,I'm not kiddind,I'm really working on 18 wide
trains)

Ciao
Gianluca