 Trains / 7649
Re: First MOC online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 07:32:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Maynes writes:
<snip>...surely SOMEBODY will build something that needs lifting? ;^)
Kevin.

Well, I designed a nifty transformer in dark gray.  It just barely fits a
lowboy.  Maybe I can twist Tom Rafert's arm into loading some pics.

On topic of cranes...
during my time around U.S. Army watercraft, I got to see our 100-ton crane
pull landing craft out of the water every so often -- it's quite a site to
see.  I always prayed they wouldn't drop my boat during refit.  Also, Howard
Hughes' Spruce Goose was once lifted by a U.S. Navy 100-ton crane
named 'Herman the German'.

The 8-wide here certainly captures the look.  Nice work!

dan parker/PNLTC