 Trains / *30369 (-100)
  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Ahh, the internet--a beautiful place-- YouTube-- (URL) better for watching! :) Dave K (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

(...) Thanks! I just wish it worked better ... I'll probably continue to tweak it a bit over the next few weeks--hate the look of the coal car for starters... and maybe it'll be good enough to do a loop of track at the hobby show--compete with the (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

David... That's... Awesome... !!!! Derek (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> a smaller movie can be found here-- (URL) K (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

An idea forming in the mind many years ago was to take the pneumatic cylinders and actually make a 'steam' engine. Inspired by Trevyn a few years back at hte hobby show, when he showed up with a pneumatic engine that ran on the duplo tracks, I (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few train MOCs

(...) Here in North Carolina (USA), tank cars don't seem to come in very exciting colors - those belonging to Cargill are all black (Cargill ships grain products like vegetable oil and corn syrup in their tank cars). The other frequent operator, (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few train MOCs

(...) If the situation in NA is anything like in the UK, black tankers carry heavy oils and bitumen etc. while lighter oils (petrol/gas) and other products are carried in coloured tankers. Its for a simple practical reason, spillages of heavy oils (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: "Retro Factory" Motorail Terminal

(...) Hi Jordan, I'm not usually into retro-settery but you've done a great job making a model that stands on its own out of the limited pallette at Factory. Both these models have a real "Lego set" feel which is appealling. Tim PS. For the benefit (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Langwarrin Train Show 11/12 Nov

(...) is it only the Friday?? I live nearby and would love to see it (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains.org.mltc)

  Re: NSW Freight National 82 Class

(...) I reckon it looks s**t hot, maybe a little large for 9v rail (hehehe) but I love it (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

(...) You beat me to that answer by 17 mins. If only I hadn't been on late shift this week ;) Tim (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RC trainbase

(...) X-posted to lugnet.trains, as I guess the owners of 7897 set are there :-) Didier (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

(...) --snip-- (...) Hi Mark, I suspect Dan is very familiar with that set. You might want to check the box to see why. Tim (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

(...) The buildings are a Blacksmith's forge kit and another one built as a mirror image! This is the old trick of using a decent kit to fill in a gap. I did the same with wagons - notice the 6 Octan tankers in the middle, just in front of the (...) (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC: "Retro Factory" Motorail Terminal

Hi all, I've been working to recreate some of the great classic town/train sets within the bounds imposed by the piece assortment on LDD. The Motorail Terminal is, I think, one of the more impressive results of this project. And I've produced a (...) (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: A few train MOCs

(...) Yes my precciious.... You might just be able to lure me indeed! Let me know when/what/where... Hey, speaking of, since I changed my email address, I've been unable to log into the Nelug site. I followed the procedure for changing one's address (...) (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX)

  Re: A few train MOCs

(...) something good coming of our recent tanker spill. Any chance we can lure you out to a future (URL) BrikWar>? -Teddy (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

Sounds like we have a lot of building experiences in common. Most of the obstacles to large scale train modelling are familiar to me, since I've been working on GMLTC's 8-wide layout for the past five years or so. We found that the weakness of (...) (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  A few train MOCs

Yay! I still remember how to build. I just used LDD to design some small train sets... Not sure if this link will work. You may need to copy and paste the string. If not, search for user Hendotron at the Lego Factory... (URL) details: The crossing (...) (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: 7898 boxcar

(...) Did you check that catalogue more carefully about the locomotive too then...? Your locmotive has those lightning stickers with 9 volts on them, and those are nowhere to be seen in that catalogue that I got too! Greetz, Anton (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7898 boxcar

(...) Dunno. Presumably it cost more than a 1x4x3 panel, but its a bit cheeky putting it on the box and then leaving it out! Enough misrepresentation that you could complain to customer services, I would have thought. Instructions (URL) Tim (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  7898 boxcar

Hi, Got the winter catalogue and some other promo stuff on LEGOworld and suddenly I noticed something strange on the pictures of the red boxcar. On all the pictures it has an extention on one side, like a ventilation thingy. And I couldn't remember (...) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Langwarrin Train Show 11/12 Nov

M>ltc will be exhibiting our layout at the Langwarrin Model Train Show. When: 11/12 November Where: Langwarrin Primary School, Jackson Drv, Melways 136/A4 Setup is 4pm-8:30pm Friday 10th November. ROSCO (18 years ago, 22-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains.org.mltc)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

(...) Excellent Daniel! Nice to find a kindred spirit as I'm also an 8mm scale train builder (since 1996). (URL) I started from the other end - trains first, then scenery. I aim for the scale given by a LEGO track gauge of 37.8mm and real gauge of (...) (18 years ago, 21-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train station on Brickshelf

Hi Jonathan (...) Thanks. Those catenary masts use home-made "rigging" pieces created from button thread (the green ones) or blind cord (the black ones) and 1x1 round plates. It was rather tricky to set up, but I've always been bothered by (...) (18 years ago, 20-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train station on Brickshelf

Hi Jonathan, Tim (...) Thank you so much for your kind words. The three of us involved (Jeff Brundige, Paul Donis and myself) were indeed trying to push the envelope a bit on previous ParLUGment train displays. We hoped to create something that had (...) (18 years ago, 20-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Minifigure in plaid

Hi there (...) Tim is correct. That custom (normally used as the driver to my Hansom cab MOC) was custom-painted by me. It was a bit of a "let's see how far I can go with this" exercise. In fact, I scraped away the paint at least once - it was (...) (18 years ago, 20-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Manchester Diorama

Hi all, I've finally decided to finally post pictures of my little home diorama that I've been making on-and-(mostly)off for the last three or so years. It's based loosely on the Northern Quarter and Salford areas in Manchester and is arranged to (...) (18 years ago, 20-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Train station on Brickshelf

(...) I can answer that! I would think it is a custom fig by Norbert Black. He is active on Lugnet, simply search in News for his name. His Brickshelf gallery can be found (URL) here> Tim (18 years ago, 20-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train station on Brickshelf

Message posted on behalf of Larry, whose account is being sorted WHERE did he get the minifig in plaid!?!?!? (URL) I REALLY want one! Larry (18 years ago, 20-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train station on Brickshelf

(...) For those interested in the design of the station, here are some pictures and information describing the station it was modeled after: (URL) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train station on Brickshelf

(...) It really has a great feel to it, I agree. I have found this gallery: (URL) Where it shows how the modules are assembled. (The pictures are large and take a little time to load) Also, I encourage people to take a close look at the minifigs. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train station on Brickshelf

(...) rambling rant! That is simply the best lego layout I have seen. Without wishing to be critical of the efforts of other who have created impressive layouts they have always seemed a bit like a conglomeration of great set scenes, without a (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train station on Brickshelf

(...) ooooooo, thanks! Absolutely stunning. The rest of the layout looks great too. I love the landscaping and plant-life details. Also, the wiring above the train tracks really adds realism. Thanks again, Jonathan (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train station on Brickshelf

(...) it has been completed and made its debut at ottawa's annual trainshow. the builder, jeff brundige is a fellow member of parlugment and many more photos of the incredible layout it was on can be found (URL) here>. -§ deborah higdon-leblond §- (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wagon Fret

(...) Hi Jojo, Just to warn you that technique wasn't tried in real brick as it was just a really quick decoration I added to make the render look a little more obvious. You may have to shift the white slopes half a plate to the right (easy enough (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Train station on Brickshelf

I noticed this on Brickshelf last week and was waiting the see if there would be a post about it but hadn't seen one. . . (URL) I think it has amazing potential. I am hoping to see it completed. I might even try my hand at a similar one but with (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Wagon Fret

Hello! This is a ... erm... a traincar, probably well done. At least it looks credible and authentic. (Sorry, I have no clue, neither of trains nor of CAD.). Anyway, the little sub-structure with the red and white 1×1 slopes is interesting for me. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flat Car

(...) Merci beaucoup John pour ces commentaires amicaux. (...) it goes without saying :) (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wagon Fret

(...) The truth must be revealed !! I'm only responsible for a very few constructive feedback and layouting of Tim's renderings :-) (...) (URL) JPEG BS> Didier (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

(...) Hey, Dano! Long time. Ah, 10 wide. Reminds me of the very first loco I started to build with GMLTC bricks (never completed). It was a 10 wide BN as well. Well, yours looks terrific-- just keep those smallish wheels shielded. Now, another (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...

Having been building at to a scale of 1 stud (1 brick width) = 1 foot for (approx 1:35 scale) the better part of the last 2 decades, I decided it was past time to upgrade my trains to the same scale. With several years experience building 8-wides (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Wagon Fret

(...) Sort of. I did have a picture I worked from of a Sybic carrying a wagon like this but I wasn't trying to replicate it exactly so much as capture the feel of it. (...) Thanks. I was fairly pleased with how it turned out too. Oddly enough both (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wagon Fret

(...) Interesting. Is this modeled after a prototype? I really like the renders. And I like the (URL) loco> as well! JOHN (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Wagon Fret

Hi all, I decided to try a little experiment recently with train building (based on a few earlier similar projects as of yet unseen here) and try to build a freight car using a (near) completely studless technic approach. Since Didier Enjary had (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: What has become of NCLTC?

"Jordan Schwarz" <jbschwarz@ThisIsRea...gmail.com> wrote in message news:J7Ao4L.CEx@lugnet.com... (...) NCLTC is still alive and well although not very active. With GATS falling apart there isn't a regular train show coming to Raleigh any more. The (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  Re: Flat Car

(...) Come on, Eric-- that's a bum rap! I haven't really ranted about the merits of 8 wide for years now. But I realize that my words, like the echoes of the Big Bang reverberating throughout the universe, still waft gently through the NGs of (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New #trains channel on EsperNet!

As Esper seems to be the defacto home for Lego IRC, already hosting a mecha and space channel, I thought it only fitting to create a trains channel as well. Connection info is: esper.net port 6667 #trains The channel is intended for casual (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org, lugnet.town)

  Re: Flat Car

(...) <snip> (...) Bonjour, Didier! I applaud your effort and agree with you that flat cars are a MUST for any train collection. For me, intermodal transport is the best! Flat cars allow the builder to show off fun things that otherwise might not (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Flat Car

(...) I like it a lot Didier, and never appoligize for being a 6 wide fan :-) there are more of us than you think, we are just less vocal about it. -Eric (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Flat Car

(...) --snip-- (...) --snip-- (...) Hi Didier, This is a very neat basic flatcar design that looks like something TLG would make. I really love its combination of simple design and all the tidbits and greebles you see in real flatcars. Excellent. (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Flat Car

Hi, Since long ago, I feel the need of flat cars for my train collection. Flat cars are the simpliest cars and that is part of the challenge when you decide to have a try in modeling one (LEGOly speaking) : how to make a nice rail car made only of a (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Technic, Gear Timing Wheel 8 Tooth

(...) Following on from the use of the 8-tooth timing wheel in the 8479 bar code truck, which varied the rev sound, I used a 4-lobe Technic Knob Wheel (URL) with a touch sensor connected to a bar code unit to produce a 'chuff' sound for a large (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) Amazing artwork, inspiring subject. That's about all I can say. 9 out of 10. (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX) !

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) Come on Lukas, don't be so hard on Derek's MOC. After all, (URL) differences make us special>. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX) !

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) Hi Mark, Excellent fire station! There are some great details in there! It has an obvious old school feel to it, like an older city fire house (my favorite kind). A tight fit through the doors is very common with older fire houses as well. (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trouble with IE and PNG - no trouble with BS :)

(...) Thank you geoffrey - I should have FUT and/or Xposted since the beginning to .train :-) Didier (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) Jason, you have to fill out the (URL) posting setup> and wait for it to be approved, then you should be set to go. HTH ROSCO (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GWLTS-IV (Swindon, UK)

(...) In front of the coaling stage is a remote-controlled passing loop with signals. I was using that to trap and release a second train (like Percy or the Rocket) on the line, though you can't always do that when some of the bigger trains are (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) Sorry, that should have been 'Magic Admin Wand'. Jason R (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) Actually, I've updated my email address in my profile (jdotjdotrailtonatbt...netdotcom) but it hasn't transfered that to when my name comes up on postings. If you have some magic admin want to fix it, please go ahead. Jason R (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) I like it!!! Wish I could build them like that. People on this site never fail to impress me. Keep it up (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Freight National 82 Class

In lugnet.trains, Eli Donati wrote: WOW! Big. Detailed. Tasty! It is a very impressive build, Eli! Thanks for sharing. I agree with Tim that mods are not optimal, and I bet that given time, you could find work-arounds for all of them. It certainly (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) Criticism is great when it's constructive, however your post is not. If you don't like something, sometimes it's better to not say anything. Please consider this the next time you post. Also as a side note, the history of rail transportation (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) Good work, Tim. Overall, 8 out of 10. (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) Dear Lukas, You have had your behaviour pointed out by me twice ((URL) here> and (URL) here>). Someone else has also agreed with my point (URL) here>. Why are you continuing to behave in a disrespectful manner? I tried to send the above to (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

Boriii...iiinnn...nn...g...ggg!!! But I like the color.Overall , 6 out of 10. (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

There are many 3 story fire stations. This one is in Boston (URL) York City has many like this as well Tom D www.stlegofd.org (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Freight National 82 Class

(...) That's very impressive model, especially at that size. The only thing I'm not sure on is the undercarriage but the rest is spot on. I'm jealous now :| (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: NSW Freight National 82 Class

(...) dedicated purist I have to tut-tut about the piece editing but I will say that it's certainly allowed you to get things more accurate than you otherwise could. The one thing I'm not entirely keen on is the railings. Perhaps using flextube like (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: NSW Freight National 82 Class

(...) Ok, try this I hope it's bloody right this time, can't stand technology. (URL) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: NSW Freight National 82 Class

(...) Hi Eli, Click through once more from those and you'll have it. There should be no text on the browser, just the picture and the link url should end in .jpg, .gif or .png. Tim (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: NSW Freight National 82 Class

(...) I hope these work (URL) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) I don't want it to seem like we're ganging up on you, but that is a good set of rules to follow. I did find the rating a little rude. Also, I find a good rule for being creative with LEGO or anything is--Even if you've never seen it before (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Freight National 82 Class

Your brickshelf gallery seems to be taking a while to get moderated. Could you give us some deep links in the meantime? Tim (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) Thanks for the feedback Lukas. I grew up in Chicago and there are plenty of fire stations with loft space above them in walk-ups and brownstones in the city neighborhoods. The fire engine is already too long to fit in the garage so I'm content (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) Dear Lukas, It is all very well that you have lots of opinions but please try to keep them a) relavent eg. no-one really cares that you've never seen a 3 storie (sic) fire station and it has nothing to do with the model b) polite eg. not in (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

The fire station is good, but ive never seen a 3 storie fire station. The fire engine needs to be longer. But the train engine is very good. Overall, 7 out of 10. (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) Coming from you that is an incredible compliment! Thank you so much. I love your Division One, District Four, Station Ten. (URL) I think it's a masterpiece of LEGO building MOCs. Not to mention your works on vehicles. THanks again! --Mark (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GWLTS-IV (Swindon, UK)

(...) Actually we do tend to run multiple trains per track, including lightning runs by the ghost train. It works pretty well untill Martin introduces his IR train... (...) "Hogwarts Expres" lives in Scotland.... (URL) and is owned by a commercial (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GWLTS-IV (Swindon, UK)

(...) You might try tossing more than one train on a line, but that gets pretty labor-intensive having to mind it constantly... (...) lol, actually, that is perfect, because it is behind everyone, and a big draw to get the crowds in the doors. (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GWLTS-IV (Swindon, UK)

(...) Well, Caerphilly Castle doesn't change and grow every year (and it doesn't move :D (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from GWLTS-IV (Swindon, UK)

(...) Thanks John! In-line layouts just happen to suit the venues we usually display in. The problem tends to be trains being out of sight as they could be 15m+ away from you. We solve that problem by having a couple of joined in-line layouts that (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NSW Freight National 82 Class

Hi It been about 3 maybe 4 years since my last written message on Lugnet. During that time around late 2004. I started to use MLCAD to see if fit possible to design & build a scaled down model of a real life prototype locomotive. I went for a design (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

Nice job on the Station. Lots of detail, and nice furnishings inside. The Fire Truck is nice as well, looks like a set that LEGO themselves may put out. Tom D www.stlegofd.com (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) Thanks so much for the advice and compliments. I really appreciate it. Good call on the fire engine. That's why I only let Joe drive it. Everyone else damages the bricks. Of course, it doesn't even fit all the way in. Oops, measure twice build (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GWLTS-IV (Swindon, UK)

(...) Thanks for that John, it does seem to work well. I suppose the Lego shows over here tend to be one group in a smallish area whereas yours are lots of groups in a HUGE hall making linear layouts impractical. Oh yeah, my brother was banned from (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from GWLTS-IV (Swindon, UK)

(...) Brilliant work, guys! Your layout is filled with many stunning MOCs in stunning colors that really is very pleasing in appearance. It seems to me to be more asthetically pleasing to present a layout in-line rather than in a large (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) Hey Mark, REALLY great stuff. I like all the details around the windows of the fire station a lot. But you would have to be an extremely skilled driver to get the fire engine into the garage: (URL) :-) And I agree with Tim, the train engine (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) Hi Nathan, I'm so used to seeing your God Bless over in Eurobricks. Nice to see you here. Thanks for the compliments. I do some castle too. I draw a lot of inspiration from your work. I think you're awesome... (2 URLs) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) Thanks for the compliments and advice, Tim. That's exactly what I need too is tips on how to improve the loco. I love trains but have a better understanding of buildings and my vehicles and trains come out boxey. I will definitely be compiling (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

The fire station really leaps out at me. Very nice work! The moulding of lt grey makes me think you are destined for castle ; ) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: [MOC] Fire Station, Fire Engine and Train Engine

(...) --snip-- (...) Hi Mark, Nice trio of MOCs. The fire station is my favourite of the three. I don't have much to say about it other than that I like it. Fire engine is a neat piece of engineering too. As a piece of advice I would say that the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Holiday Train now available in USA

Surely to the delight of LEGO train fans, the much-anticipated (and rumored) 10173 Holiday Train makes its US debut. The basic train set retails for $90: (URL) those needing rails, speed regulator, and a 9V motor, a package is available for *gasp* (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Beer Train

This train is awesome! Very well built. I love the color and the design. Next time you should make one that can carry both beer and soda bottles. I love how you held the beer in place, very ingenious! Overall, 9 out of 10. (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Pictures from GWLTS-IV (Swindon, UK)

Dear All I'm pleased to announce pictures of the fourth Great Western LEGO Train Show at STEAM, the Museum of the Great Western Railway in Swindon, UK. The event took place on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th October and saw over 2600 visitors through (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: KCLUG - Greater Kansas City Model Railroad Expo - Pictures

Well done lads! I have never displayed anything but can imagine the co-ordination and planning it would take to achieve such a slick finished result... God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  SLTC @ the AMRA(NSW) - more photos

The Sydney LEGO Train Club recently attended their first model railroad show at the Australian Model Railroad Association(New South Wales) annual show held on the first weekend in October in Hurstville,Sydney. The club only formed in May 2006, so we (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: KCLUG - Greater Kansas City Model Railroad Expo - Pictures

(...) Excellent work, guys! This is a very impressive first effort! There are some very nice buildings and modeling going on-- with room to grow and expand. BTW, if you need a club logo, LMK. I had already worked up the KCS logo for the CMLUG a long (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  KCLUG - Greater Kansas City Model Railroad Expo - Pictures

Kansas City lUG completed our first train show a couple weeks ago. We had a 10ft by 15ft layout which I think was a complete sucess. We were invited back next year, so if your around, join us. Warning there are several very big overall pictures. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.mo, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact