 Trains / 27975
Re: Train station on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:35:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Deborah Higdon wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   I noticed this on Brickshelf last week and was waiting the see if there would be a post about it but hadn’t seen one. . .

I think it has amazing potential. I am hoping to see it completed.

I might even try my hand at a similar one but with different colors.

Jonathan

it has been completed and made its debut at ottawa’s annual trainshow. the builder, jeff brundige is a fellow member of parlugment and many more photos of the incredible layout it was on can be found here.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-

rambling rant!
That is simply the best lego layout I have seen. Without wishing to be critical of the efforts of other who have created impressive layouts they have always seemed a bit like a conglomeration of great set scenes, without a overall masterplan. I can understand why this happens, sections are built seperatly and then joined for shows.
This layout is more like a ‘proper’ model railway and shows what can be done with coherent common vision. There are a few other layouts who come close to this, John and Ross Neal with their TCLTC layout and Jonathan Lopes’ stuff although I feel the track layouts are still possibly a bit trainset-ish and I imagine Steve Barile’s Turtle Creek will be as good when finished, if it lives up to its vision (where are you Steve? not seen any updates recently!) I think the art to this is not to try to attempt to fit too many things in, the real world contains lots of not much! It is more a question of looking at real life and how it ‘fits together’ rather than thinking, “thats cool, I need to include that”.
/rambling rant

Tim