 Trains / 27981
27980  |  27982
Subject:
Minifigure in plaid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:04:22 GMT

Hi there

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   Message posted on behalf of Larry, whose account is being sorted

WHERE did he get the minifig in plaid!?!?!?

I REALLY want one!

Larry

I can answer that! I would think it is a custom fig by Norbert Black. He is active on Lugnet, simply search in News for his name. His Brickshelf gallery can be found here

Tim

Tim is correct. That custom (normally used as the driver to my Hansom cab MOC) was custom-painted by me. It was a bit of a “let’s see how far I can go with this” exercise. In fact, I scraped away the paint at least once - it was complete but I didn’t like the colour balance on the tartan.

You can see more of my Edwardian-period custom figures here:

There’s a nice sharp image of the cabby here:

If you go rummaging about in my gallery (there are about 150 figures there now, I think), you can see a fair cross-section of work I’ve done for myself and as commissions. I’m happy to answer questions, if anyone has them.

Finally, courtesy of a request by Joe Meno, you’ll find a design-to-finished object article by me in issue 5 of BrickJournal, just recently made available for download. That’s got a fair amount about techniques, etc.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Regards,

Norbert Black