 Trains / 27966
27965  |  27967
Subject:
The inevitable leap into 10-Wide Trains...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 05:05:46 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Having been building at to a scale of 1 stud (1 brick width) = 1 foot for (approx 1:35 scale) the better part of the last 2 decades, I decided it was past time to upgrade my trains to the same scale. With several years experience building 8-wides for the GMLTC, it wasn’t too difficult to make the migration to the next, bigger thing. I’m nearly finished with my first locomotive, a GP-40 in Burlington Northern colors, and I can’t resist posting some preliminary photos. I hope to have a complete 10-wide train running around the Christmas Tree this year... to view some photos of progress so far, go here:

http://www.brickmania.com/10_wide_1/index.htm

Pictures of the actual locomotive are here:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPicture.aspx?id=10313

Of course the new scale is incredibly time and parts consuming, so it will probably be another couple of years before anything close to a displayable layout is finished... Will post more later!