 Trains / 27911
27910  |  27912
Subject:
SLTC @ the AMRA(NSW) - more photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 06:43:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Sydney LEGO Train Club recently attended their first model railroad show at
the Australian Model Railroad Association(New South Wales) annual show held on
the first weekend in October in Hurstville,Sydney.

The club only formed in May 2006, so we had to move fairly quickly to get things
organised and ready. The layout consisted of 10 modules built by 7 different
club members. Each module was 6 x 4 (32 x 32 baseplates) in area giving a total
area of 240 (32 x 32 baseplates).

Thanks to Anthony.Z and Stump Dunn who helped man the layout and build the
tables respectively. Special thanks to Teunis Davey from the M>ltc who flew up
from Melbourne and manned the display for 2 of the 3 days and provided MOCs to
run on the layout. Teunis and David.P each provided a MOC of the local legend,
the 3801 locomotive, which had non-LEGO trainheads frothing at the mouth.

Links to photos by member JP and ambassador Richie are in my post in loc.au.

Teunis has a brickshelf folder devoted to the layout here...
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=208614.

We picked up the childrens' award and came second in the popular vote by
attendees, which made the effort worthwhile.

-pete.w