 Trains / 27999
Re: A few train MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:19:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, John P. Henderson wrote:
It dawned on me that all the tank cars in my area of the world are long and
black like this, which is opposed to the TLG sets.)

If the situation in NA is anything like in the UK, black tankers carry heavy
oils and bitumen etc. while lighter oils (petrol/gas) and other products are
carried in coloured tankers. Its for a simple practical reason, spillages of
heavy oils get tankers dirty! I suspect you have a depot near you that deals in
heavy oil.

Tim