 Trains / *19769 (-100)
  Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

(...) Thanks, but I do realized that other steamers (yours included) have far more detail-- and the drive rods! -- for a much more intricate and realistic look. (...) Uh, oops. Sorry, I should've been very clear about that: sadly, no real-brick (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Full size plans are rather hard to come by. Best idea is to visit stations that are like what you intend on modeling. Full size track is far more flexable than lego. You can have everything up to interlaced crossing/turnouts...not common, but (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

Can you please explain the parts and construction of the brown arched doorways? I cannot figure out what you are using for windows. Help!!! Aaron Oh, and can you tell by my urgency that I REALLY LIKE your stuff! (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) I have some drawings of a dutch railway station, fairly large though. What I have learned so far is that they even resort to building special points "on the spot" so as far as geometry goes (I've seen 3 different point angles so far in this (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

(...) James, My jaw hit the floor when I saw the thumbnail on Brickshelf ... this looks gorgeous! Great job with the detailing, especially along the top of the boiler, and with the colors. I love the red accents, and the yellow trim on the steam (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

Instructions for my Orient Express style passenger cars and steam locomotive (no true-to-life strict imitation) are now viewable on-line. (URL) about any errors in the instructions or poor step-to-step and sub-model sequence transitions. I know (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Track geometry in real life - need resources

Hi all, Can someone please indicate me a good on-line resource where I can find track diagrams from REAL stations, depots, junctions and such? I am interested in knowing how designers have overcome awkward limitations to the possible geometries. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Rollingbricks Homepage becomes Cool Site Of The Week / FGLTC Meeting in Mülheim/Ruhr

(...) Hi Klaas, You may call me that way, since I know you are only kidding... But only if I get the right to bann those who call me president from future FGLTC events.... ;-) (...) Haha... But be careful with Isabel: HANDS OFF! She is the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

Ya, but where is the Metroliner? (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) Thanks for pointing that out. My 2 year old son loves it! Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rollingbricks Homepage becomes Cool Site Of The Week / FGLTC Meeting in Mülheim/Ruhr

(...) Ben, you MUST be president! These pics prove I'm right! (URL) girl on you right: definitely VERY pleased to be pictured next to THE MAN.... ;-) ---...--- And this one: (URL) needs a balloon above your head, you thinking: 'Hm, nice parking lot (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rollingbricks Homepage becomes Cool Site Of The Week / FGLTC Meeting in Mülheim/Ruhr

In lugnet.trains, Dirk Meier writes: Hi Dirk! Congrats to the Cool Site of the Week award! You have definitely earned it (even if I have not voted for it this time due to lack of time). (...) Hey! Please stop spreading rumors like these: I have been (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  0-4-0 Porter and Shorty Caboose

Hi all, I finally got around to uploading pics of my latest steamer, an 0-4-0T Porter. I also uploaded pics of the caboose I built to match. The prototypes for both were narrow-gauge, so I tried to capture that feeling on standard gauge track by (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.announce.moc)

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message news:H4rqor.HBr@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) You can rearrange the train - it is drag and drop. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) Hmmm... Notice the observation car is the third car instead of the last... They may still have to tweak this thing a little. Maybe work in the train kit discounts while they're at it... -Paul (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

The light comes out the horn too. I guess that's what happens when you have Danish rail workers installing US diesel lights ;D SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) Notice that the pre-configured santa fe has both A units facing forward tho... ROSCO (using NT4 IE 5.5) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) I just tried this and it works for me. I have Windows 2000 with IExplorer 6sp1. I had to install macromedia flash player 6, but after that, it works. You either choose a pre-configured train (SuperChief, Freight or passenger) and then you can (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO.com Train Configurator?

(...) There is nothing wrong with your computer screen. Unfortunately you have encountered an error on our website. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO.com Train Configurator?

Anyone play with this thing yet? (URL) is pretty neat. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (URL) - Carolina Train Builders (URL) - CTB/Brick Depot (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Rollingbricks Homepage becomes Cool Site Of The Week / FGLTC Meeting in Mülheim/Ruhr

Dear Friends, 15 of you (and as I know one is Johannes "Jojo" K. from 1000steine) have voted for the cool site of the week. I won this award in the 3rd run. I had no chance against peeron. 15 votes is not so cool. But the very positive point is that (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

I think this merits some translation. What Duane is attempting to do is to make a train car that can hold a Bionicle Toa and may be "decorated" with such parts. He also intends on putting the LUCNY logo on it somewhere. He is asking because it seems (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

Very nice Tim! How long did this one take to render? Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Kershaws!

(...) Here's a pic, courtesy of Peter G. (URL) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

It is very tall from behind. Initially that side was going up against a wall, so it wasn't going to matter as much. Transporting SCLTC layouts is getting easier. We have built crates that hold fully populated 30 inch wide tables. The crates have (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

Mark- The same layout will be at the ATC show in Pasadena during the second weekend of November (open to the public on Sunday). An expanded version will be on display at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum for all of December. Hope you can drop by! (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Hmm... I see what you mean about drawing current off the motor, Peter. I ought to double motor the thing, but that would mean losing the 3-axle trucks, which I want to avoid. Ross, does your stuff run off one or both motors? I'm putting the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MichLUG at Train-O-Rama in Dearborn 10-27-02

My photos of MichLUG's train show yesterday are now public on Brickshelf. Highlights of the show included: My St. Mary's of Redford: (URL) Haunted House and Graveyard: (URL) Art Deco auto dealership: (URL) wienermobile: (URL) Leach's fire station: (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce) !!

  Website updated

I've been updating my site...check out (URL) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

(...) As Jeroen pointed out to me, it is actually Thomas Burger's B-Unit that I used. Sorry about that. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: LTC containers

(...) Besides, we (the GMLTC) take our unofficial title of "the most disorganized LEGO Train Club in the world" *very* seriously!! JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  New Santa Fe Render

Well, it's not exactly a MOC, since Jeroen de Haan provided the Santa Fe MLCAD files, but I did create the scene and sky. (URL) me know what you think. Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Well I've run my n-class (URL) with two motorised bogies, motor driving engine, and 2 lights off a single controller with no problems. Two of them at once and it shuts down after about 15 mins. ROSCO (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LTC containers

I noticed that KK Quah of GFLTC had posted pics of all of the containers from the swap, and the 8 widers GMLTC and TCLTC are missing: (URL) is our fault, and due to some other unforseen circumstances, our ambassador cars didn't reach KK in time to (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Christmas Ornament from TCLTC

(...) Sorry, it's up now. Actually, it was cleared when I posted but I reposted some other stuff and thus it needed further moderating;-) -John (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Cars

(...) Sorry for the slpw reply, I reorganized my Brickshelf folder, and updated the Container car. My original reason for going 7 wide was so that I could still build some walls along the side of the wagon. See my second version here: (URL) first (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) The problem isn't drag then, it's draw on the current. You're running a separate motor to drive those wheels, and I know from you in person today it's running on the output studs from the train motor. That's taking power away from the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Ornament from TCLTC

(...) a deep link to it! (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  2nd NovaLUG meeting in Dartmouth, NS

Hello, I'm proud to announce our 2nd participation at a model train show on November 16 in Dartmouth, NS. It will be held in the Dartmouth Sportsplex, Wyse road near the MacDonald Bridge from 9am to 4:30PM We had so much success during the October (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ns)

  Christmas Ornament from TCLTC

In order to insire and challenge other LTCs to participate, here is a pic of the Twin Cities LEGO Train Club's ornament we will be sending to the NELUG and to the NGLTC for their respective festival of trees events: (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail MOC's

(...) Hmmm they look even better in the ABS! Great work! ROSCO (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail MOC's

(...) I've been watching progress on Brickshelf(tm) and wondering when you were going to delurk. I like the red bullet a lot, and find the freight monorail really neat, you don't see freight monos much. Bravo, and thanks for sharing! ++Lar Have you (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail MOC's

Having finally taken some pictures to replace the renderings and sorted out my monorail folder, I have decided to "de-lurk" and post my monorail train mocs for your critical appraisal. My first train is a straight re-work of the Airport Shuttle (set (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MonLUG and ParLUGment will hold their second joint Train Show

Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's third and ParLUGment's second participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, November9th from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Collection of LEGOWORLD 2002 picture gallery links

(...) I thought about including .trains, but in all fairness, then I should have included virtally every other theme groups as well, since they where all represented on our event, without exception! So, I went for .general instead. (...) Here is a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Hi There, This is exactly what I have done to all the wheel sets on my Santa Fe train (2 engines, 5 cars), and it works great now. I have also had a problem with the underside of the 10022 cars catching on the track when they crest a hill in a turn. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Collection of LEGOWORLD 2002 picture gallery links

Of course we're going again! Here's a little write-up I did on the BrickFilms forum, to indicate how we enjoyed ourselves. Sorry if it focuses on our own little show and animation too much. --->8--- We handed out 200 folders mentioning, among (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.animation, lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) It would be neat to see the SF set redone in other schemes by TLC. There's definitely a market for them, and we could see dk. red (Lehigh Valley), dk. blue (Long Island), and of course your dk. green in the Empire Builder. (...) Agreed. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) (URL) even (URL) bad :) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) LOL!! I'm sure we could ALL come up with colors that we'd like to see have a better selection of bulk bricks... Me? I'm waiting for the dark green, so I can build this: (URL) I'm *definitely* dreaming!!) <sigh> You know, .trains is a pretty (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) The Consolidation was torn down shortly after my article was in the paper. My new engine is quite a bit bigger, but they're essentially the same. I did disconnect the two center drivers from the side rods, which reduced strain on the 9V motor, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Okay, then your problem is drag. Weight isn't so much a problem if there isn't a lot of friction. I just looked at your engine again and I can see your problem, because it is one that my son Ross experienced when he built his Pacific: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) That only adds to my confusion. The Porter has the old motor and my Greenbrier has the brand new (3 days old) motor. I did take out a battery box which really wasn't needed, and it's a bit better, but I can't make the engine much lighter. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Who did? ;-) (...) One thing you didn't suggest was that maybe the one motor is worn out. Stefan, did you pull a switch and see if the results were the same? (...) Harvey, this flat out is NOT true. AFOLs comprise only a fraction of TLC's (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NELUG welcomes your participation in the Boston area Festival of Trees

NELUG will be participating in both the Sleigh Bell Festival and the Festival of Trees in Boston Massachusetts December 6-8 2002. The main event will be the Sleigh Bell Festival where NELUG will have its 10'x20' train layout set up. This event is (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: This is odd...

In all fairness. the LEGO® train motor does not have that much inherent tractive effort to begin with...hence the addition of rubber traction tires on the wheels. The train motor was designed to pull only their assigned train cars within a set (i.e. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  This is odd...

My 0-4-0T Porter can easily pull about 3 times the load that my 4-8-4 Greenbrier can. WHY!?!?! Does anyone have a suggestion about why the little one pulls so well? The 4-8-4 has about the weight of the Porter at the rear over the motor, and runs (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one)

(...) I agree with Reinhard, it's been an incredible event and we all have had a grand time. A warm "thank you" from the Italian group to De Bouwsteen for having organized Legoworld 2002 and for having invited us, even providing free accommodation. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) what you have done here seems to be exactely what the German guy did (the links I gave at the first message of this thread). Only his description where to cut has been so fuzzy, that even I as a German did not fully understand him.... But your (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) This is exactly what you must NOT do! Don't push it down, the axle must push the pin UP... Goal is NOT to press the axle down, goal is to use the 'snap-hight' of the axle-end as a 0,6 mm filler for the (too much) space in this new molds. After (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Collection of LEGOWORLD 2002 picture gallery links

(...) Of course 'we' are all going to do it again! I certainly will, one more year with the Pirates-theme !! And in 2003 we expect at least a JumboJet full of US-afols + their Lego to participate/visit .... ;-) The chance to show-off your (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Collection of LEGOWORLD 2002 picture gallery links

XFUT to .trains since many of these galleries have significant train content. Thanks for consolidating these all together for the group, Manfred! I'm sorry I missed all the fun. Maybe next year. That's assuming you're all going to do it again? (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) ... I tried. For step 2, I used one #3673 Technic Pin and two cut-up part #3749 (Technic, Axle Pin). The middle rib isn't quite as wide, and it made it easier not to push it in too far (and I have more of them.) I found that after step 3, it (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TGV Duplex Instructions On-line

The TGV Duplex Instructions folder is now public. Links below, including via the B.I. Portal link below. later, James Mathis (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.inst)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Oh yeah the "before" - "after" cross section graphic was exaggerated. I imagine that removing only a small amount of the inside corner will do the trick. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Taking the low road... I was thinking how to shave off some plastic from the wheel flange. And it's not that big of a deal the roundness of the flange isn't as critical as the the roundness of the wheel tread. But then it hit me, using a small (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

A funny thing that I noticed wrt changes in train wheels happened right around 1996, specifically in set 2126 (the 4 train cars). It seems that the center hole is not "true" center or the wheels where not "true" round. I recall making several 2 axle (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes: Ok, I have now 12 wheel sets in front of me: ***...***+ 4x from a MISB Metroliner 4558 from ca 1991...1994 Never run a single meter so far.... Measured for all 4 wheel sets (no bigger difference (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) While this might not work so well if done on ALL wheels, doing it on only one wheelset/wagon or one/bogie it might actually improve running qualities. You'd get the compensated suspention model railroaders always try to build into their (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Hi all, Everything is said about this bad wheel molds, I hope (and EXPECT) Lego will make new molds in short time!! More interesting: HOW DO WE GET OUR WHEELS TO WORK PROPERLY??? .... without to much work. :-) Please check out the pics I uploaded, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) It is mentioned here: (URL) wrote:*** I asked around this morning and discovered something interesting about the train wheels. The train wheels are one of the few items that are manufactured by a third party. We discovered that there were some (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I believe you're right but I can't find it for some reason. It's rare that LUGNET(tm) search fails me but it did this time. I know it's out there and not that long ago either. Just can't find it. (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) What is kind of weird is that I don't think (and I could well be wrong) that the needles at the axle tips are actually doing anything, bearing wise. I've looked at both black and grey wheelsets and it looks to me like all the bearing action is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I largely agree. I'll have to check, but did Jake not indicate that this was all caused by an unauthorised change made by a supplier? If this is the case, then the supplier should be compensating TLG for the cost of making things right (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) trouble: (...) wheel (...) That is more accurate description. But that is the point: the wheel touches the frame. Of course any rotor should only be in touch with the none-rotating system via its bearings. (...) cross-tracks: (...) this only 2 (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

In lugnet.trains, Paul S. D'Urbano writes: <snipped most of your excellent analysis> (...) I think this is the crux! LD is indeed doing many things right. Let's keep digging to see if we can help analyse this and come up with a way for LD to fix (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TGV Duplex Instructions On-line

Cross-posting to lugnet.inst (...) Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - B.I. Portal (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

Hi Ben, (...) I think I've observing the same thing with my wheel blocks but I'm a little confused with where you describe the trouble occurring. In the pictures you provided I couldn't quite tell where the Dremeling was done but this is probably (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Have any of you wacky trainheads seen t his?

(...) (URL) (6 months or so ago) and (URL) (15 months ago, site only not this backyard dealiethingamabob) and (URL) (3 years ago, site only not this backyard dealiethingamabob) I need to show those pics to my wife more (whenever she hassles me about (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!

(...) Okay, now I get it (I hadn't seen that pic yet). Reminds me of some Europeans (foggy memory alert; help anyone?) who built a train of simply constructed bricks, sort of like what my son did here: (URL) it's a start:-) -John (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

  TGV Duplex Instructions On-line

Step-by-step building instructions are available. There are 135 steps (images), all in the same folder. Sorry for the potential lengthy download time. The MLCad .mpd file is also in the step-by-step instructions folder. TGV Duplex Building (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Have any of you wacky trainheads seen t his?

(URL) I FUT to ot.fun, or is this sufficiently train-related to stay here? I ask only because I so recently violated the purity of lugnet.trains, and I'd hate to be twice struck by curator lightning... 8^) Dave! (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The Moffat Tunnel...

(URL) night I started working on the West end of the Moffat Tunnel. I am still deciding if I will do the East end. Also I think there is a building next to the tunnel so I still need to add that. I included a picture that I used to build the tunnel. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one)

Ben, Thank you for the report on your adventure to Legoworld 2002. Nice pictures and commentary on your experience. What a wonderful venue and enormous attendence. Glad your locomotive hauled the tracks well. :-) later, James Mathis (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  SCLTC to present at BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  SCLTC to present BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: My latest train MOCs...

Very nice. It's a rainbow train! ;^) -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) Oops... Sorry for causing this mess. Too many new names + too many faces to get to know all of them in these few days. Thanks for completing the list of involved people. Kind Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) Hope you got your shot of that Italian :D My pictures can be found at (URL) , sorted by day. (...) I'll be there! (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) Thanks for your enthusiasm, it was great and you had also your contribute to this succes. But I will correct some. The president of the club is not Paul Wolters but Paul Koelewijn. Paul Wolters was responsible for the relation (and daily at (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) (URL) Klaas, for posting your pictures. But are you sure, that this picture is taken at the end of the day? I would guess it has been taken in the early morning of Sunday before the public came in (which means I had the longest sleep of the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

Dear all, a German Afol posted the (maybe only his?) solution to the wheelblock trouble: (URL) in German) He found out, that most troubles were caused by wheels that touched the wheel blocks in 12 o'clock position. And of course that is the more the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

Ben himself, after a LONG day of serious train-business :-) (URL) you soon, Ben! Klaas (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

Yep, your right, the Special Edition Naboo fighter was making a few strafing runs towards the end of the show. I'm not sure if we have any photo's of it, but there was a Imperial Shuttle sighting in the campground as well. Robert Powell (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) layout. I'll have to look into this, for next thing you know we might be invaded by Imperial Star Destroyers! (...) If it weren't we wouldn't be a LEGO Space Club... er... wait. =) - Thomas (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Thanks! We put a lot of effort in to it, and over a relatviely short amount of time. We had only about 3 months to order bricks and build the layout after the initial proposal! (...) The layout would be huge, but quite empty! All of the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Train Derailment, recovery and rail repair

(...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Nice! I'm just wondering, what is the yellow object in top-left of this pic (URL) it LEGO? ROSCO (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

(...) (2 URLs) (and others) (...) These can both be blamed on our teenage genius, David Gagnon :-) The gondola works, yes, although it was being a bit temperamental (throwing gears, broken axles etc). It was also on our layout last year. The bent (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

This layout is great! Man, if you unstack all the levels and were to put them side-to-side, this layout would be huge. Huge layout, nice details, and beautiful sculpting. I think my favourite is the dam scene. Thanks for the pictures. later, James (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact