 Trains / 18148
Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:01:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Scott Arthur writes:
I'll have to check, but did Jake not indicate that this was
all caused by an unauthorised change made by a supplier?

I believe you're right but I can't find it for some reason. It's rare that
LUGNET(tm) search fails me but it did this time. I know it's out there and
not that long ago either. Just can't find it.

It is mentioned here:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=18046

***jake wrote:***
I asked around this morning and discovered something interesting about the
    train wheels. The train wheels are one of the few items that are
    manufactured by a third party. We discovered that there were some design
    changes made to the wheels somewhere along the line without our knowledge
or
    consent. We are working to resolve this now.
*** ***

Regards

Ben

P.s.: concerning the bearings: I have not investigated the wheel blocks
myself recently. I am really interested in this topic, but very busy in Job an
other
parts of the hobby. So I basically brought informations together, which
appeared at 1000steine and lugnet.trains.
Maybe it would be easier to spend some 30 minutes in a research on old and new
(and some worn out) wheel blocks myself....