 Trains / *182 (-100)
  Re: A new diesel by Ben

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ... (...) locomotive. (...) Nice work. I've admired your other designs in silence, but now I feel the time has come to say: you are one talented motherfucker. Keep up the good work. (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new diesel by Ben

(...) OK, I did some more digging. The GM site is pretty sparse but check out this link: (URL) right picture (the SD70 MAC) also looks like your loco, same bulging rear radiators. GM and GE are getting harder to tell apart these days. Note that the (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new diesel by Ben

(...) I like it. The truck mounted front coupler with side slopes is a good idea, how'd you do it? 1x2/1x4 angle bracket? Note that I have a body mounted front coupler that looks similar on big red... but it's not very sturdy. How sturdy is yours? (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new diesel by Ben

(...) Very handsome! The colors on my monitor appear off. Is the bulk of the body red? Make it a good day, Louise (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sticker shock

(...) (used Lionel purchased at trains shows)I realized very quickly they are too expensive, take up too much space, and have limited play value. Once I screwed the track down so the train would run well, my design options were limited. With Lego I (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sticker shock

(...) and (...) Fully agreed. I see this all the time at the train shows PNLTC goes to. People spending small fortunes to buy an engine or a car simply to run it around a track. Well I like the building (and rebuilding) aspect of Lego. One of the (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  A new diesel by Ben

Hello all: Used a couple of innovative building techniques for a new diesel locomotive. Check it out and let me know what you think. (URL) can someone please tell me what type of diesel it looks most like? (Larry P?) Thanks a bunch. Ben (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sticker shock

(...) While competition is a good thing, and TLG has a monopoly on trains that are compatible, it should be noted that there is a lot of junk out there in the regular train hobby, especially in HO and in the large scales. I see so many families (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  sticker shock

Once in while it is a good idea for me to wander through a train/hobby store to remind myself why I switched to Lego trains. The prices for new sets are outrageous! $50 for one hand pump car is way too much, even if the polar bears on it are cute. (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Zany Brainy train exclusive-Cheap 4565 FRIDAY ONLY

(...) I got one of the 2 remaining at the San Mateo, CA Zany. (...) The 5571 were marked at $139.99 and were $111.99 after discount. The sale excludes Mindstorms. It was interesting that the 8428 Turbo Command didn't ring up with the sale price, but (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Zany Brainy train exclusive-Cheap 4565 FRIDAY ONLY

(...) I went to a ZB near me. 4565 is $150 - 20% off for a total of about $120. This is FRIDAY (today) only. They also had the model team giant Truck (5571) for $119 minus 20% for a price of about $96. It was marked at $119 but rang up at $139, but (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

-- Bruce wrote in message ... (...) is (...) what (...) to (...) in (...) We got a flyer in the newspaper yesterday saying that all Lego is 20% off.. ===...=== Don Forth ( Klaatu ) email: dforth@caro.net Home Page: (URL) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Zany Brainy train exclusive

(...) Someone posted to RTL about a sale on Friday at Zany Brainy. any one know what kind of sale it was....%off or $off. If %, any idea how much, might be able to get the trains for a decent price? Didn't see anything on the web page about the (...) (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Zany Brainy train exclusive

Hello, I was at Zany Brainy two days ago and saw the 4565 Freight and Crane Railway for sale in the store. Their price, at least in Rockville, MD was $149.00. They also had a special--the speed regulator, normally $39.00, is half-price if bought (...) (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray cranes from 1782 Discovery Station

(...) Never. I just used up all I have in CO, just about, on my old time blue/white station (1)... and I need more for my central city station project. 1 - pictures coming soon, they are on a borrowed camera as we speak, along with all my other (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Zellers 4559 $120 CDN

(...) I agree with you (except for the border/boarder thing). I will be back in MI later in Dec and will try then. (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Zellers 4559 $120 CDN

(...) I thought the idea of rainchecks was to be able to get the item at sale price, after the sale is over(once they have more in stock). That's the way i've always seem them work. If so, it wouldn't matter if you try to redeem it during the sale (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Test

(...) Na, just LUGNET. But RTL is the third circle of the Inferno... (26 years ago, 24-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Test

Wow! A newsgroup for Lego trains! Is this heaven? :-) (26 years ago, 24-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Zellers 4559 $120 CDN

(...) Never did, and I probably won't be in a position to do so during this sale as we are staying in CO over the turkeyday holidays. (26 years ago, 23-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FS: 5561 model team Off-Road Van 4x4

(...) If you mean this one: (URL) on this page: (URL) answer is yellow half cylinders (like the grey ones in 6339) from the technic search sub. The dome is mounted with a propellor housing (actually 3 of them) If you mean this one (some people call (...) (26 years ago, 23-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: FS: 5561 model team Off-Road Van 4x4

(...) Thats it all right. As to why, it is indeed for safety. It turns out that a small cylinder is stronger than a big one, for the same wall thickness. Also, if you lose one, you still have 19 left. (26 years ago, 23-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Zellers 4559 $120 CDN

Zellers is advertising the train set for $119.97 (plus taxes of course) from Wednesday the 25th to Sunday the 29th. This set was on sale last year for a week for about $112 and then sold out. I wonder if Larry ever redeemed his raincheck... TJ (26 years ago, 22-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FS: 5561 model team Off-Road Van 4x4

(...) I think the type of tank car Larry is talking about has 20 rows of cylinders laying flat in the same orientation as the one large cylinder of a normal tank car. Why they do this, I don't know. Probably something to do with safety. (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: FS: 5561 model team Off-Road Van 4x4

(...) While you mention it, what did you use for the cylinder of that yellow tank car that you built? (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: FS: 5561 model team Off-Road Van 4x4

(...) <snip> (...) I want you to have your camera back too, cuz I can't picture in my head what all those round yellows are doing! Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but its 5:36pm and I've been at work since 6:30am... duuuuhhh...hhh... ;-P (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: FS: 5561 model team Off-Road Van 4x4

(...) This is a good deal, especially if you like red or white, this set has a fair number of red and white plates and red and white slopes... also red and white train windows (but with plain clear glass) and white train doors. (The last which of (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  lego package disguise was Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

Larry brought up Christmas first, so I get to tell about the many ways I have diguised lego packages under the tree. One year I put enough bricks in every package so that they all appeared to be legos. One year I removed the legos from the box and (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  S@H reps, was Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) When I was ordering a lot of special pieces to build a train station a rep said "oh,yes I remember you". I thought oh, god I've been recognized and couldn't order for monthes. But you are correct, they are some of the best and most helpful (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 9V Speed Regulators

(...) The transformers put out unregulated AC, unregulated means the voltage will vary depending on the load. It will need to put out at least 9V when fully loaded but will probably put out nearer 12V when unloaded. Matt (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  9V Speed Regulators

Hi all, I have a mystery. I just got a 4564 which naturally comes with a speed regulator. It also came with a 120V transformer which will never get used. I wonder what happens when you plug it into a 240V power supply, No can't do that either power (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Switch solenoids

(...) My problem with using pneumatics for the job is that the pistons stick after sitting for a while. You have to break them loose manualy before they will work normalyy again. I forsee another problem using them for my layouts since the distances (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Purism (Was: Trains around the Christmas Tree)

Steve Bliss asked: (...) Larry Pieniazek asked: (...) Please! What about paper (see the Technic idea book). Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: Jacob.Sparre.Andersen@risoe.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- LEGO: MOC+++c TO+++(6543) TC+++(8880) AQ+++ (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

I have been planning a Christmas village and a christmas engine. I have been in development for a long time. I have nothing I would show anyone yet. After Christmas, we should all take pictures with our family in front of our Christmas layout and (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) Hey, I get around, you never know where I'll be any given month, so hang in and hang out... (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

Ha, thats excellent! Think I want to meet you one day! LINC Larry Pieniazek wrote in message... (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) I still need to order mine - thanks for reminding me. I haven't called in weeks - I've gone into S@H withdrawal. :( After all the not-so-nice people I deal with every day, speaking to a friendly and polite S@H rep was really a nice way to (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) Good idea! I just ordered 5 1807's (along with 200+ worth of other stuff...) from my fave Lego rep (who I asked for special)... BTW, Mike, she said hi. (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) No. :-) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: More trains pictures on PNLTC site

(...) MPEG of a 10- or 12-car Metroliner, snaking its way through a cutting yard, and onto a main line! :-) -Z- ftp://jeffk.com/pub/...GOtop.html (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) Great idea! I just used 1x1 bricks and stuck Santa from set 1555 in the middle of them on car-carrier flatcar (I forget the name ATM). (...) You could also use the above larger Santa and lots of forestmen for elves. They look close enough. (...) (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) How about Islander horns? two for each reindeer, stuck in clip holders on either side of the head might work. --Karim (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Track Switch solenoids

(...) Larry - I don't know if I've talked to you about this yet, but I modified my switches to work on air power. This involves drilling the switch apart and gluing it back together, but it _is_ an all-LEGO solution, and relatively cheap, too. (URL) (...) (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) Hrmmm, you lucky dude. I sure wish I could get my hands on that many green bricks. Oh wait, I have. I got the other half! Mwuahahahahahaha :) (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) How about the Samurai's chromed headgear? Your reindeer would have some shiny horns, but otherwise, the piece could pass for 4-point antlers. Also, check the Nov/Dec LEGO Mania magazine -- the members' models centerfold has a Santa and (...) (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) My stock car does not give much visibility... so I probably, if I did a stock car, could get away with horses, but I'd rather do a flat or gondola (Don't tell the SPCA or PETA about this) with the reindeer standing on it (and the next flat (...) (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  New train in Germany

The new steam train (as shown in s@h catalog) has showed up in Germany for DM 150 ($ 85). Eric (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

Regarding Christmas trains. Last years PNLTC show at the OMSI Holiday Junction event featured a Christmas train. The train consisted of a small 0-4-0 black steamer with red and green flags mounted beside the boiler. A passenger coach done in red, (...) (26 years ago, 15-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) What an absolutely brilliant idea. The kid's a genius (but you knew that already, right?). I have a baggie full of those useless things, must run home and try it out. (...) Presumably the 1807 Santa (change his legs to match the keychain (...) (26 years ago, 15-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) Right. But remember the swirl of rumors about the H buckets? Haven't heard any yet, have we? Or am I misremembering the rumor mill level? (26 years ago, 15-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

No, I would think that Xmas buckets, if they exist, will get put out the day after Thanksgiving. (...) (26 years ago, 15-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Trains around the Christmas Tree

For many years, on and off, we have run trains around the tree. First in HO, then in LGB G scale, and last year I had a small one around a tiny tree in my apt in Detroitland. Well, this year I have a LOT more parts to build with and plan to do (...) (26 years ago, 15-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  I just received my Chessie Engine

I just received my Chessie Engine from Steve Barile. I must say that the work on this engine is fabulous. It will be one of the highlights of my Lego trains from now on. I live about 100 yards from the B&O freight rail line where this same exact (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Not one but two LEGO train shows on Nov. 21-22

(this has also been posted to RTL) The Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club would like to wish a good luck to the North Georgia LEGO Train Club for mounting the club's first trainshow display in Atlanta the same weekend as the PNLTC holds their display (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thomas and DCC at Matt's Lego Train Depot

(...) I like your Thomas. It's just the kind of thing that can turn a kid around that has a marginal appreciation for lego (not assuming your kid does). Your DCC project looks interesting. Keep us informed. I would love to chuck that wall wart that (...) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Thomas and DCC at Matt's Lego Train Depot

Having just said I can't update my website, I found a fix, install Windows 98! I've added a few pictures of my Thomas the Tank Engine and some photos of my progress so far with my DCC project. (URL) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More trains pictures on PNLTC site

(...) pictures... *grin*. I especially like Picture84.JPG which shows me running my Ruby with Will Chapman's incredibly cool log cars. I look a little zoned, but you trainheads will understand how incredibly overwhelming all those trains were. But (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More trains pictures on PNLTC site

(...) Thanks for sharing those pix! Inspiration is *definitely* high after seeing that. But my wallet just ran screaming and hid behind the couch... Oh wait. That was my wife. Also enjoyed seeing the 570 Firehouse. My first town set. -Tom McD. tfn, (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More trains pictures on PNLTC site

Great job Ben! Any chance you made a Track Designer map of the layout? Larry Andersen (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  More trains pictures on PNLTC site

Hello All I'm not easily impressed when it comes to Lego trains. I've seen good designs and bad and am my own worst critic. October 2-3, PNLTC put on a display concurrent with the Lego truck tour. This is old news by now. What is new, is that new (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GTG In Denver!

I'm afraid that I will need to bail out on the meeting this week (after I picked the day). :-( If we plan another one next week, I'll make it up by springing for the pizza. (snipped here and there) (...) Me either. (...) I'll work with you when we (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.trains)

  Track Switch solenoids

I recently discovered that Newark Electronics carries a range of solenoids in their catalog. Has anyone tried using a solenoid for actuating Lego track switches? Everything I've seen or designed using Lego parts ends up either being way too large or (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  DCC

Has anyone installed a DCC decoder into a Lego train motor? I'm planning on going to DCC for controll of my layout and I'd like some advice. Thanks Larry Andersen (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GTG In Denver!

(...) Should not be an issue for me. I think, if I get organized enough tonight (I'm going to the Denver Java Users Group meeting tonight to hear about GemStone/J at the U of D so will be back late... anyone else going?) that I will bring my new (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.trains)

  Matt's Lego Train Depot

In case anyone is wondering why my website hasn't been updated for a while it's because I can't get to it. I think some NFS software screwed up my Compuserve configuration and no amount of uninstalling/reinstalling seems to fix it. I think I'll take (...) (26 years ago, 10-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) Yeah but it is also Space Port 2 from a UK perspective. Carbon 60 (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) LC2 Steve (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: A better boxcar? (was: Re: Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.

Ben Fleskes writes: For the longest time I wanted to be 9v complete. Then I finally asked (...) I must agree with Ben -- and this might be a little more blunt. As much of a LEGO trainhead that I am, I find it difficult to justify building a shrine (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4,5 V replacement/9v compatibility

Dear Hans, I'm not aware of any replacement motor sources but let me see if I have an extra 4.5v motor unit in used/good condition. Also, since the newer, 9v wheels (on both wheelsets and on the motor) are narrower than their 4.5v counterparts, they (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

Larry Pieniazek wrote: Nit fixes: US 285. not I 285. All prices in USD (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) I think most people agree these are clearly precursors to LC, so I would go with yes. Another question along the same line... do you have to buy Lego LOCO to be 9V complete? It comes with a small (non powered) handcar set. This set is clearly (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: A better boxcar? (was: Re: Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.

(...) I'd put any of mine up against theirs. Mine are more US prototypical. I still like my RailBox, and it's almost a year old now. I need to use their parts to do a US prototype... but my non moving doors still look good to me. (even if they do (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  A better boxcar? (was: Re: Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.

<snip> (...) <snip> ben>> For the longest time I wanted to be 9v complete. Then I finally asked myself why? The one set I was missing was 4554 metrostation and finally saw little motivation for getting a yellow version of the red 2150 retrostation. (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.

(...) The box car is a bit different since it has the bin inside... As for the engine design being the best... well, differences of opinion are what make horse racing interesting. I like it just about the LEAST. I would rank the 9v non steam engines (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.

(...) Wait! Wait! Let me toot that horn before you put it away. I picked up my last set (a 4543) on eBay just a couple weeks ago. (...) I'd have to say I like the Freight Rail Runner (4564) best. I like the engine design best of the three, and the (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.

Those two guys responsible for the last two 9V Train sets I needed to be complete. My 4564 arrived Monday, and I just picked up my 4547 Club Car from the PO this afternoon. Much thanks to Terry and Ali, I wasn't sure I'd ever locate (or afford) (...) (26 years ago, 4-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  4,5 V replacement

My 4,5V train-engine failed recently. After opening it up (a problem in intself because of the sealed box) i discovered that one of the brushes of the electric motor broke of and destroyed part of the anchor. Also the cupper wiring burned out (...) (26 years ago, 3-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tracks

(...) I've noticed that finding track in chain stores is hit-and-miss, mostly miss. My local TRU used to carry them sporadically, but hasn't for a few years now. Yet every once in a while, I'll see them someplace, and promptly forget where that is. (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tracks

TRUs in Turkey has all sort of track packs. Selçuk Dave Jost wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tracks

You know I always wondered why Wally Worlds, Big K, T R US and Big K dont carry track packs some will carry trains sets occasionally but no add ons. Someone know why not?? Regards Dave Richard Franks wrote in message (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Tracks

Hi, I'm not really a train fan *boo* *hiss* - which is why I'm asking this! Not having paid close attention to trains and stuff, I have the belief that track is hard to come by? This might be totally squiffy - because straight and curvy track things (...) (26 years ago, 1-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track set #155

(...) There were 8 blue straight rails for sure, and at least 4 white 2x8 plates, but most likely 8 of those as well. John Boreczky (26 years ago, 31-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Track set #155

I just received a partial set #155. Does anyone know what pieces actually came with this track-supplement set? All I got in the box were 2 blue cross-track pieces but I think there were other pieces, specifically some white 2 x 8 Plates. -Tim (26 years ago, 31-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Received My Lego Loco

I received my Lego Loco software this afternoon. Looks pretty good, but my Lego Guide is speaking gibberish........ I have been on hold for tech support for 15 minutes...... George Another 10 miutes and I got to talk to a person....... This person (...) (26 years ago, 30-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Decta Control Lab

Hi All, I have been working on controlling LEGO trains thru the Decta Control Lab and I got a tip to pulse the power to the rails to better control the trains speed. There are 8 power settings via the ctrl lab and there are really only 2 or 3 (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorails - Connecting multiple setups?

(...) center (...) Or Lego could come out with monorail cars with connectors on both ends, and more powerful motors :) Hopefully things will work out for me to get a two week internship at TLG this January. I have several concepts I would like to (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Test

Tested. Brian Gavula wrote in message <36354a74.5959417@ww...et.com>... (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Test

Test (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorails - Connecting multiple setups?

(...) is (...) longer (...) way (...) I took this 3-car monorail with me to the PNLTC event in Seattle over the weekend 26-27 September. Traversing the club's monorail layout revealed an unfortunate design weakness in the 'homemade' coupling with (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question of rareness... 4559, 4548

(...) Used speed regs come up at auction every month or so and usually go for somewhere around 20-25. The 4559 is OK for parts, but if you have track, I feel the 3225 is better for parts now. I am still chasing a raincheck I hold for 6 4559's with (...) (26 years ago, 26-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) yep $135 and $40 thats how much - I think I'll pass, running low on fun money right now anyway... -- ===...=== Don Forth ( Klaatu ) email: dforth@caro.net Home Page: (URL) (26 years ago, 25-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question of rareness... 4559, 4548

(...) No for the rare question. Maybe for the worth the money question - depends on the price. Worth $60 and $10 ? Sure. Worth $130 and $40? Not really. (26 years ago, 25-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question of rareness... 4559, 4548

(...) Both sets are still current. In fact, 4559 comes with the speed regulator 4548 included. Any train set is worth the money in my opinion ! Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 25-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Question of rareness... 4559, 4548

I saw a 4559 Cargo Railway and a 4548 Speed Regulator in a local "Bedford Falls Toys & Books" today. I am not really into Lego Trains yet - but I was wondering if these are particularly rare items, and worth the money... Thanks in advance... -- (...) (26 years ago, 25-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  thanks

Thank you, You know who you are, for posting the instructions to the 7760 to kl.net Thanks to Kevin for sharing this site with all of us. I'm collecting the parts later and am going to build it. One of my favorite trains before girls became more (...) (26 years ago, 24-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 caboose with the 4565 train?

(...) Yes, sort of. (...) I don't think they do, really. The 4565 is large and modern. Two truck engine, two of the cars are 4 axle, etc. Besides, the 3225 "caboose" is a coach, and a puny one at that. You wanna see a caboose, surf here: (URL) THAT (...) (26 years ago, 24-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Pneumatic switches

Hello All, Some time ago, I used large technic pistons to switch Lego switch track. There were instructions on my webpage and which I eventually removed, because I wasn't happy with the design. Well I'm back again to address the same issue in a (...) (26 years ago, 23-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  3225 caboose with the 4565 train?

Has anyone tried the 3225 Classic Train caboose with the 4565 Freight and Crane Railway? They have the same color scheme and would seem to go together, but since I have neither set yet, I can't try it. I have made my first train purchase with 4532 (...) (26 years ago, 23-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Water/Coal Tower

(...) Or use the diagonal bricks, like (URL). But it would take a lot of those. If the tank can be 6H, use castle corner-walls. Steve (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Water/Coal Tower

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact