 Trains / 137
Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:36:58 GMT

Steve Jacquot wrote:
Presumably the 1807 Santa (change his legs to match the keychain
Santa) as engineer.  Maybe a stock car full of reindeer?  Anybody
have a good reindeer design?

My stock car does not give much visibility... so I probably, if I did a
stock car, could get away with horses, but I'd rather do a flat or
gondola (Don't tell the SPCA or PETA about this) with the reindeer
standing on it (and the next flat back with Santa's sleigh). So the
question of how to do reindeer is very important. I see the antlers as
the big problem. Is the green seaweedish plant available in other
colors? Remember I am a LEGO purist, there will be no repainting or
using non LEGO elements.

One big problem I have in general is a severe lack of green in mass
quantities. (I did put a bid in on Scott's big green lot...) But we all
have that problem I bet, especially for green plates....

But white (snow/ice) is easier to come by.  A few pine trees should
be all the green you need.

I should have been clearer here... She Who Must Be Obeyed has mandated
that the only colors allowable in the train itself are red, green or
white except where absolutely necessary. So I want some green box cars,
etc. to go with the red and white ones, or at least a red/white
passenger car with green trim.

However, I came to terms with Scott and will have 1/2 the green lot. I
should be all set, except for plates. If anyone has green plates, I'm
interested, drop me a note to my CTP mail...

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.