 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 302
Re: FS: 5561 model team Off-Road Van 4x4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 02:14:57 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:

Larry Pieniazek writes:

I made a chemical tank car out of 4 of the wheel hubs from this set, and • <snip>

Speaking of chemical tanks, I also made a hydrogen tanker from all the
1x1 round yellows I got from AucZILLA VI. They form groups of horizontal
cylinders (5 cylinders wide across the width of the car by 4 high) with
occasional technic beams for bulkheads, and I take advantage of the 5:6
ratio, as they are in 3 groups of 5 long that take up 6 studs of
horizontal distance each.

I REALLY want my camera back! It's now actually being repaired. :-)

I want you to have your camera back too, cuz I can't picture in my head what
all those round yellows are doing! Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but its
5:36pm and I've been at work since 6:30am... duuuuhhhhhhhhh... ;-P

I think the type of tank car Larry is talking about has 20 rows of
cylinders
laying flat in the same orientation as the one large cylinder of a
normal
tank car.  Why they do this, I don't know.  Probably something to do
with safety.
--
Paul Foster
http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/lego.html