 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 307
Re: FS: 5561 model team Off-Road Van 4x4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:10:19 GMT

Paul Foster wrote:
I think the type of tank car Larry is talking about has 20 rows of
cylinders
laying flat in the same orientation as the one large cylinder of a
normal
tank car.  Why they do this, I don't know.  Probably something to do
with safety.

Thats it all right. As to why, it is indeed for safety. It turns out
that a small cylinder is stronger than a big one, for the same wall
thickness. Also, if you lose one, you still have 19 left.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.