 Trains / 135
Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:19:58 GMT

Regarding Christmas trains.

Last years PNLTC show at the OMSI Holiday Junction event featured a Christmas
train.  The train consisted of a small 0-4-0 black steamer with red and green
flags mounted beside the boiler.  A passenger coach done in red, green and
white.  A white flat car with Santa's sleigh, A not very tall hopper car,
packed full of presents, and a flat car with a green decorated tree surrounded
by presents and two elves (old style forestmen minifigs).  The best picture I
have (which isn't very good) is at:

http://www.pnltc.org/imgOMSI_OR_97_BackView.jpg

Only Santa's sleigh and the coach are visable in the lower left hand corner of
the picture.

Regarding presents made of Lego.
A few ideas I've used, most of which are borrowed from Dan Parker.

You can wrap a ribbon around a package by using difference colored plates to
make up the package.  Be fore warned, this uses up a lot of small plates really
quick.

Use the big flower piece as a bow.  I think they usually come in the 3-5
freestyle sets.

Include a bicyle or two and possibly a surf board.

Larry Pieniazek writes:
<snip>
Also, I got a specific request from Josette for a car with packages,
etc. I'm searching for bow and ribbon ideas. One idea that Taya, my 9
year old, came up with is to just use a 2x2 or 2x3 brick and put a
flower (petals only, not the green stem) on the center of 4 of the studs
to represent a bow. I really liked that, it works well. Any others?

I'd love to see a discussion on building christmas specific stuff if
people are interested...

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.