 Trains / 132
Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 08:35:02 GMT

No, I would think that Xmas buckets, if they exist, will get put out the
day after Thanksgiving.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

For many years, on and off, we have run trains around the tree. First in
HO, then in LGB G scale, and last year I had a small one around a tiny
tree in my apt in Detroitland.

Well, this year I have a LOT more parts to build with and plan to do
something a bit more elaborate, time permitting. I think I know most of
the train-ish sites but haven't really seen a lot of ideas. Are there
sites I don't know about?

Also, I got a specific request from Josette for a car with packages,
etc. I'm searching for bow and ribbon ideas. One idea that Taya, my 9
year old, came up with is to just use a 2x2 or 2x3 brick and put a
flower (petals only, not the green stem) on the center of 4 of the studs
to represent a bow. I really liked that, it works well. Any others?

I'd love to see a discussion on building christmas specific stuff if
people are interested...

One big problem I have in general is a severe lack of green in mass
quantities. (I did put a bid in on Scott's big green lot...) But we all
have that problem I bet, especially for green plates....

If there's going to be a christmas bucket, we should have seen it by
now, no? I'm suspecting that the lead time to evaluate the Target
results and do something is too short.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.

--
Tom Stangl