 Trains / 142
Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 22:19:38 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:
Also, I got a specific request from Josette for a car with packages,
etc. I'm searching for bow and ribbon ideas. One idea that Taya, my 9
year old, came up with is to just use a 2x2 or 2x3 brick and put a
flower (petals only, not the green stem) on the center of 4 of the studs
to represent a bow. I really liked that, it works well. Any others?

Great idea! I just used 1x1 bricks and stuck Santa from set 1555 in the middle of them on car-carrier flatcar (I forget the name ATM).

I'd love to see a discussion on building christmas specific stuff if
people are interested...

You could also use the above larger Santa and lots of forestmen for elves. They look close enough. Make Santa's toyshop with a train loaded with toys.

You could also buy up lots of Santa (or any other lego) keychains, put hooks on them and hang them. It's a great way to keep your keychains around for cool memories, not to mention keeping them from getting beat up in your pocket. And, of course, various small spaceships stuck in the tree are always cool... Well, somebody has to visit the star at the top of the tree.

-Tom McD.
tfn, radiotitan@yahoo.com