 Technic / *15901 (-100)
  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

"Steve Dunn" <s%te#ven.j&.du?nn*@...tr$a.c?om> wrote in message news:IAJKnu.oHo@lugnet.com... (...) I have some of these in white... very handy too. (...) peices (...) obvious. Agreed, I like the variety of colour that this has introduced, but do (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) I was more like talking about a formula one car, ofcourse all racing cars should have a gearbox. 6 speed + reverse if possible... (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Another creature - Greene Scorp

(...) <snip> (...) Yeah, Im looing to isolate each movement completely and have it so the body doesn't have a grav well. I'm not 100% on the orderit may be that instead of AD going to AF, I do AD, -> BU -> AF -> BR -> BD -> AU -> BF -> AR -> AD (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Another creature - Greene Scorp

(...) If you use a regular hexagon, the radial compressor would look awesome mounted on its side in the centre. ROSCO (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Another creature - Greene Scorp

(...) Awesome. (...) Are the down legs coming up at the same time as the up legs are coming down? Sclagorpion will have all 8 legs down, then pick four of them up, shift, and put them back down before lifting the other four. This way the body does (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

half pins blue frictionless axle pins tan axle pins with friction blue odd length axles grey even length axles black etc pieces so far produced in only one colour (excluding the grey varient); 3/4 pins axels 3 long with stud 16 tooth gear with (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Another creature - Greene Scorp

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote: <snip> (...) Almost as compact as my radial.. which I've developed /developing 3 and 6 cylinder versions as well.. the 3cyl radial is 12x13x4 studs and can easily be run with any motor (even the micro), but (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Another creature

(...) There does not seem to be any guaranteed synchronization between the up down mechanism and the forward back. Slow pistons might not hit the ground before the front back transistions start. (...) That is nice and tidy. (...) Yes, I have a (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

Granted I agree that a Lego Technic race car would be difficult to build with a transmission, but let's not forget the supercar 8880. It had instructions for a pretty neat race car (which had, I might add, a two speed tranny). So I think lego would (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  cranes

Ross- You seem to have a lot of truck tires and wheels (the end gearings you used for your big Demag crawler crane's tracks). Have you ever considered building a large scale mobile crane model with them? I am thinking maybe something like the huge (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

(...) Not to mention "older" children whose eyesight is not what it once was.... (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New old MOC: cable operated shovel

Very nice!! (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  New old MOC: cable operated shovel

Hi, I built this MOC way back in 2001... When I finaly took it appart last month, I took some pictures and setup this webpage: (2 URLs) Greetings, David (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  MarbleWorks

Greetings, I have posted pictures and a video clip of a Marble Factory. (URL) factory passes marbles around on a series of conveyors. The pictures were taken at Supertrain, February 2004 in Calgary, Canada. I'm currently working on a new marble (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

(...) Pins with friction are now a different colour to pins without friction. Tim (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

(...) This makes sense since the even length axles are now black and the odd length ones are now light grey. Axle pins have also gone to a single color, tan if I recall. -Orion (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

Salut Didier, (...) I think they are using different colors for different pins to make building easier, so younger children can do it. And blue for the half-pin seems to be the standard now. Jürgen (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

Hi, Sorry if this have ever been discussed. What is justifying the use of BLUE Technic Pin 1/2 - (URL) ? more precisely in Technic sets such as 8436 Truck ((URL) instead of the good old gray ones (please no "joke" on gray color issue thanks). For (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic)

  request

Dennis Bosman- I have a request of you. Do you ever keep in contact with your colleague Ron Jansen (the builder of the Van Seumeren Liebherr LTM 1400)? Do you know if he has a computer? If he does, would you mind giving me his email address? Thanks. (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modelshow europe

(...) Nope, I downloaded the specs from their website: (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modelshow europe

Ross- When you were building your Demag CC 8800, did you get a set of blueprints from the Terex Demag company there? If so, did you send an email requesting blueprints? Thanks. (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modelshow europe

(...) LOL probably best asked in email, but no, I doubt it. Australia is too far from Europe :( ROSCO (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom

I came across a design I did 8 months back. The way I have this drawing is that one motor operates the first section, and right beside the motor is a cable that retracts and extends the rest of the boom. I will post pics of it as soon as possible. (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Modelshow europe

Ross Crawford- Will you be attending this year's Modelshow in Europe? (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom

(...) This series of pictures shows an AC100 extending it's boom one section at a time: (5 URLs) ROSCO (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 4 section boom

(...) Nope, those are cables for the various sensors that have to reach up to the boom tip. Modern cranes like the AC500 have the ability to extend each segment separately. They use a hydraulic ram inside and a series of locking devices. If you (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom

Is this why on those big cranes (Demag AC 500) there are a small set of wisible pulleys on the ouraaise left side of the boom? Thanks. Thanks for the drawing. Very helpful! Keep on building cranes! (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom

(...) I realised my explanation was less than perfect, so I have quickly expanded Jen's diagram to help: (URL) BTW, I am imagining a small motor will be running the first chain, because (...) The chains for sections 2 & 3 (blue and red on my (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom

So if I were to use a chain, and if it were to move the third section and it were fixed on to the second section, all I wouldhave to do is add another chain and fix it onto the third section? Would this work? BTW, I am imagining a small motor will (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom

(...) Hi Vineet, A 4 section boom can be done as a simple extension of the same 3-boom system explained on Jennifer C's page. Imagine a 4th section on the left, enclosing the current diagram, and just copy the same pulley system from current (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  4 section boom

I understand how this works (using the chain to extend the third boom). What is now confusing me is how this would be used in a 4 section boom, or do the lego crane builders use a different approach to these booms? If so, could someone explain to me (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

Thanks y'all. (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) Best to wait till the set is released. There are many ways to do it. And it looks like it IS set up as a loop, I guess maybe using a couple of the wide track links, but maybe not. I'm guessing as much as you. ROSCO (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) One of the really neat things about new models from LEGO, when they're well done, is that there are lots of neat tricks to learn from... rather than trying to suss everything out in advance, you might consider just waiting till the model is (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

My next question is about how the chain/string is setup. In JC's design, the string isn't set up like a loop. I can see how this would work, but what is confusing me is how they would set up the chain as a non-loop object. Could you tell me how this (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) Yes. But that is only a guess from the pictures. (...) I doubt it would affect the sturdiness. And it will be interesting to see how sturdy it is. ROSCO (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

Sobasically whatyou're saying is that the third and only the third is operated by the chain (or the string in JC's idea)? Would that make the third section sturdy? Because from what I've seen it doesn't look sturdy at all. Thanks. (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

Ross Crawford schreef: (...) I think they use it both. I think they are using the chain as in real life the cables are used to extend the third section. (For as far as I know real life cranes) (...) If it were for the photo, I would have sprayed it (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

IMHO TLC is not producing longer cylinders becase when piston is sticked out it can become bent in two ways 1. as a rod 2. in the place where rod's connected to the piston (inside) it is a very big problem to make piston's rod stiff and seal it up (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) Hi Vineet, Jennifer Clark's Ideas page describes it very well: (URL) you look at the diagram and imagine the bottom left half of the red cable flipped vertically, so it is attached at the top (where the other half is attached) rather than the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) It probably works just like a forklift chain. It doubles the extension distance but cuts the mechanical advantage in half. TLC probably is using it the same way they use the chain in the new forklift set. One serious question does arise- Why (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) I think you are right. Unfortunately I may have been one of the people discussing these, so if you're pretty sure these are leaked, I'll ask around and if they are, I'll have to go cancel my posts. (and if anyone else feels the need for (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

I think that the administrators are not so happy about people discussing leaked images on LUGNET. At least this early revealing of the new sets may stop the annual "technic is dead" whine-fest. I think that technic is better than ever before. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

Could you explain to me how the chain would be used in extending the boom sections? I am very curious (if possible, could you post a few drawings or sketches?). Thanks. (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) We've seen it year after year. It's usually pictures taken from a dealer catalog or a toy show and show a preliminary design that is usually very close to what you can buy a few months later. Lego tries to keep it confidential but since there (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) My question is this. Why would previews that are factual be on Brickshelf at all? If they really are from somebody at LEGO, wouldn't they be on a site where not just anybody can post pics of whatever LEGO stuff they want? And don't you think (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

AArgh! That's too long a wait! Me want lego crane now! LOL! (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) No, but the text in the brickshelf folder says "autumn 2005". Wow, great sets. Something good is happening over in Lego Technic. - David (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic plates

(...) The shank with the dimension is galled up but it fits the 3/16" hole in the bit racks - I've got more than a few sets of drill bits and loose ones hanging around. I simply looked for the bit that provided a good fit (no slop) in a stack of 8 (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

Hey y'all- Do any of you know when the crane model will be released? Thanks. (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

The fact that it has a 3-section boom is making my mouth water! I must get this set (maybe two!)! The tires and wheels I can use in future creations (maybe a grove gmk 7550 perhaps?I really need to finish my crane CAD rendering!)! (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

hi i think there is another new brick the rear leg has two smoth half bushes and on the left side of them there is a brick like liftarm 2x2 L-shape the black one on the picture (you can say this is regular 2x4 L-shape but notice the inverted slope) (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) Me either but my guess is there's a knob on the back. (...) Well it appears the chain is only to extend the innermost section, from other pics I think the first section is extended using gear & racks like 8460. (...) Yeah, interesting the (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) OooOoOoOoOOO!!!! Did you see the forklift, the excavator and the motorcycle alongside the crane???? I wants them all! :D nice to see that lego has not forgotten the studded beams. and to see that lego is starting to use long-unused parts (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  new models 2005 (crane)

Hey guys- I was just browsing Brickshelf ((URL) when I noticed how they set up the crane. 1) Yes it has steering (though which knob you turn i DON'T KNOW) 2) The extending mechanism for the boom, it's done by a chain (I didn't know this. My idea for (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic plates

(...) This sounds like a good idea. What size drill bit did you end up using? (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Just adding a little inspiration

(...) Hmmm actually just looking at it, I think you could probably do a half decent minifig scale ringer with them. And gee lookee there, I have 1 spare.... ROSCO (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic plates

I was just putting together the classroom packs I use for teaching robotics. Each two student team is given a tray of "standard" parts to work with. To make life easier I have tried to "color-coded" these sets with all components (as much as (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: Just adding a little inspiration

(...) I have two of those wheels, and yes, as TJ stated, they were to be used for the turntable of a large crane. The only drawback is that the scale is all off unless you have an insane amount of lego (as Ross does). They are too big for a normal (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Just adding a little inspiration

(...) :-) I guess I just have cranes on the brain.... always. TJ (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Skid Steer Loader

He'll post them up next week. (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Skid Steer Loader

It's written "soon"... (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9 ft Television Tower

(...) HoMa, Nice MOC! I really like it, although I have one small thing about it. Something about the railing support doesn't seem to match. The tower is nice and smooth, but then the railing supports aren't. Maybe try putting a 1x2 tile on the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Skid Steer Loader

where are the instructions at? it says on bricklink? (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Just adding a little inspiration

(URL) will you make? Regards, /Tobbe who lacks those wheels... (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Another creature

(...) - The compressor (on top) uses 12 small cylinders (URL) It has 2 battery boxes - The legs lock, and are driven up & down by pneumatics, one cylinder to raise/lower and another to lock. - Up: (URL) - Down: (URL) The legs are driven (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Skid Steer Loader

(...) Hi, At the bottom of this pic, (URL) you can read : "If you have any questions do not hesitate and send us a mail : fivestarbrickATyahoo.com" I've send an e-mail yesterday and received an answer a very few hours later. Didier Enjary (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: ferrari enzo

Thanks, my new Enzo is coming along very well. It is still very much in "The Works" I have posted some new pics of the engine: (URL) am doing the best that I can to keep it as realistic as I can. However, the "Real" Enzo has a semi-automatic 6 speed (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Skid Steer Loader

Hey y'all- Does anyone here know of fivestarbrick? Ifso, would you mind giving me his email address? Thanks. (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  ferrari enzo

Crowkillers- Your ferrari looks really good. I have seen in the pics that it has a stick shift, just like in the real thing. Especially the suspension. Did you look at different pics to get a rough idea of how to build it? My only comment deals with (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

(...) You guys might be interested in this beast... (URL) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9 ft Television Tower

SNIPPY Long time no build! Newer builders like Matthew and myself are in awe of you. What more is there to say? It's all fantastic. Some highlights for me have to be the curvature of the top section- so hard to achieve. The best thing is that youve (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 9 ft Television Tower

I have always been a fan of your work, and the detail you put in to your MOCs, but this is amazing! I never seen a building this detailed! Even the little haus at the bottom of the Tower is extremely realistic. Still my favorite part is the (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Anyone know Redjack Ryan?

Hi Alex I new your excellent model before, but what I haven't known so far is that you've won the first prize at DHS Diecast. Congratulations! And thanks for mentioning that you found the sliding door and the heavy duty turntable ideas at my (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Anyone know Redjack Ryan?

(...) Thanks! (...) Thanks for the info, and welcome! (...) Excellent! (...) Sounds good. I was actually planning Big Muskie when I got sidetracked to build the cc2800. Oh well, one day I might go back to it, but the walking system was giving me (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Anyone know Redjack Ryan?

(...) *de-lurks* Hi, and thanks for the comments, Ross. Your cc2800 is awesome, as are your micro-scale models :). I built the model by working on it every weekend starting in September-December of 2003 while in my economy single dorm room. I (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic tread links !!!!!!

(...) There's a third type: Those who buy these treads from Lego Education: (URL) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic tread links !!!!!!

(...) There are two kinds of Technic Lego fans- those that were smart enough to buy those bulldozer tracks when they were offered in the 1980's, and those who did not and are watching the other people have all the fun! I'm getting as many copies of (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic tread links !!!!!!

(...) At a quick guestimate: - IIRC links are about 6.4mm of length when in a chain - Looks like about maybe... 400mm of track? - So, maybe 55-70 links? - Link says about $30.00 for MSRP If you're JUST going by the links, about $0.54 to $0.43 per (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Leog Pneumatics

(...) Get the plain pnumatic parts at bricklink. (URL) what I sometimes do is gather parts for sets. I get the partlists from peeron, add as many parts from my collection as I can, then buy the rest off bricklink. I feel this is a bit more economic (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

maybe this will be the set that brings me out of my dark year. i allready have something in the works... (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

maybe this will be the set that brings me out of my dark year. steve (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Anyone know Redjack Ryan?

(...) His name is Alex Taylor and he recently came to an IndyLUG show and became interested in joining our club. I'm not sure if he checks LUGNET that often (at least not yet, I'm sure he soon will!!) I can forward you his e-mail address if you'd (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic tread links !!!!!!

(...) Well, any idea how much that set goesfor, and how many links it has? Because it might still be more economical to buy them as spare parts from LEGO's educational division. >> Mark (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic tread links !!!!!!

If you click on the picture in this link, you'll see a Starwars episode three set that comes with TECHNIC TREAD LINKS!! (URL) contains spoilers so don't look if your trying to avoid that sort of thing. I bought a life times supply of tread links (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Anyone know Redjack Ryan?

Found this folder on Brickshelf: (URL) I don't usually like to steal other people's thunder, but that is a sweet model. Looks like it's based on a BE1250-W. Anyone know who built it? If you're lurking, please de-lurk now! ROSCO (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) I think the main thing some people will want is those wheels (or hubcaps). Wheels aren't really a LEGO strong point. ROSCO (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(...) Contrary to what some people think I think this model looks good, although I have no idea if it looks like an Enzo or not. For me the decision whether to buy it or not will depend only on the functions it has. It looks too much like <set:8448> (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ferrari

(URL) (...) All kidding and joking and supposed hoaxes aside, here's a better pic (not mine though)..... (URL) I think this is going to be a nice new supercar... I will likely be ordering this set ASAP. But then again I'm biased towards all LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Leog Pneumatics

(...) Thanks for the input but I have already tried Ebay and Bricklink; with very little positive results. About the $55.00, I meant to type $70.00 I don't know why I didn't catch that when I previewed the post. As for the set 8445, I did recheck (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Leog Pneumatics

Hello Chris, For about twice the money you got 2 pump cylinders and 10 large pneumatic cylinders...: 8455 Check Bricklink or your local lego store... Greetings Maico Arts Chris schreef: (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Leog Pneumatics

(...) If you are interested in buying Lego sets (new or used) I think ebay or bricklink are your best bet. This news group is less suited for that unless you have a question about what you should buy, how much it'll cost etc. In that regard (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Leog Pneumatics

I am looking for a set with pneumatic elements in it. I am willing to pay up to $55.00 for any sort of set with more then 1 piston. Anything is negoiatble just email me (ChrisG@hutchnet.com). I would like large pistons preferably; here is a list of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  The Great Ball Contraption

In an attempt to provide Technic & Mindstorms builders the same cooperative building opportunity that's available to Moonbase, Castle, and Town/Train builders at Brickfest, we present to you: The Great Ball Contraption. When it's assembled at (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !!

  The Beeesh

Build your dreams. (URL) The Beeesh ==== Construction dates: 12-25-04 to 01-05-05 (URL) Interface>> (URL) Tech - 6 TECHNIC Turntables>> (URL) articulation - Clear pnuematic piston and 1 high RPM 9v motor>> (URL) Tech>> (URL) ankles>> (URL) Lighting (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Hi Vineet, There are no hoses in the retract holes of either piston. It seems LEGO decided to just use gravity to retract them, if you have used pressure to lower the boom on [LEGOSet 8460] you'll realise this is probably a reasonable thing to (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

One problem I see with this crane pic is that one of the inlets on the pneumatic pistons doesn't have a tube in it. If someone could explain how this crane arm is supposed to be lifted, I'd really like to hear it. Thanks. (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

I hope the steering is there (and it is as it should be, operated by the steering wheel, and not the exclusive headlight on top). (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Construction project

I have been busy the last few months looking for a job and haven't been able to put any new pics of my construction site on the net. I now have a drafting job at a company that makes screeners, pulverizers, conveyors, and rock crushers). This is the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) ARG, I hate this type of posting, just when you got your whole message typed out, you hit the wrong button and it's all gone!! Well, here goes again: Yes, I have. Last year, I was sort of pissed about TLC's idea to name the blue Jeep "4WD", (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact