 Technic / 13510
Re: new models 2005 (crane)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:51:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
David Arnon wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:

Hey y'all-

Do any of you know when the crane model will be released? Thanks.

No, but the text in the brickshelf folder says "autumn 2005".

Wow, great sets. Something good is happening over in Lego Technic.

- David

My question is this.

Why would previews that are factual be on Brickshelf at all?

If they really are from somebody at LEGO, wouldn't they be on a site
where not just anybody can post pics of whatever LEGO stuff they want?
And don't you think LEGO would be a tad miffed at the person that
"leaked" this if that's all it really was?  Even if these photos _were_
leaked, LEGO knows about it now and I can't imagine them being very
happy about it.  (after all, if it was okay with LEGO to let the public
know, we would have likely found out through more official channels than
brickshelf).  Personally, I'd imagine it's a fast track to the
unemployement line for that guy if these photos are real and they ever
find out who did it.

Although in all honesty, my money's on the photo's not being authorative
at all.

Mark

We've seen it year after year.
It's usually pictures taken from a dealer catalog or a toy show and show a
preliminary design that is usually very close to what you can buy a few months
later.

Lego tries to keep it confidential but since there are non-lego people that get
into the loop a few months ahead of the release (over-sea importers, major toy
store dealers etc.) such leaks are inevitable.

I'm sure Lego isn't happy about the pics being online but since by now the
competition surely is aware of those designs (I'm sure they don't need those
picture and have been aware for sometime through the leaks mentioned above)
perhaps they have come to accept them as inevitable.
If they don't, we might see those pictures taken offline in a few days when the
Lego lawyers contact the person who posted them. (We've seen that happen too.)

- David