 Technic / 13521
Re: new models 2005 (crane)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 02:02:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
My next question is about how the chain/string is setup. In JC's design, the
string isn't set up like a loop. I can see how this would work, but what is
confusing me is how they would set up the chain as a non-loop object. Could you
tell me how this would work?

One of the really neat things about new models from LEGO, when they're well
done, is that there are lots of neat tricks to learn from... rather than trying
to suss everything out in advance, you might consider just waiting till the
model is out, or perhaps, get some of your parts out and try for yourself.

One way I can think of is to use the chain tread piece as an anchor for the
chain, it's designed to plug into plates.

Hope that helps.

++Lar