 Technic / 13501
Re: new models 2005 (crane)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:05:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Hey guys-

I was just browsing Brickshelf
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1062483) when I noticed how
they set up the crane.

1) Yes it has steering (though which knob you turn i DON'T KNOW)

2) The extending mechanism for the boom, it's done by a chain (I didn't know
this. My idea for a three section boom would be along the lines of what Jennifer
Clark did)

3) The two pneumatics ARE the new type, but are joined together by a special
covering (view the pic)

You guys might already know some of this, but if not, here it is.

OooOoOoOoOOO!!!!  Did you see the forklift, the excavator and the motorcycle
alongside the crane????  I wants them all! :D

nice to see that lego has not forgotten the studded beams.  and to see that lego
is starting to use long-unused parts (Chains, track links, pneumatics...)
brings a smile to my face.