 Technic / 13514
Re: new models 2005 (crane)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:34:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Could you explain to me how the chain would be used in extending the boom
sections? I am very curious (if possible, could you post a few drawings or
sketches?). Thanks.\

It probably works just like a forklift chain.  It doubles the extension distance
but cuts the mechanical advantage in half.  TLC probably is using it the same
way they use the chain in the new forklift set.  One serious question does
arise- Why don't they just make longer pistons?  What about a one-way telescopic
piston?

Even though I am partial to construction equipment, I like the new Motorcycle
the best.

Sorry I have no pictures or drawings to show you.

Take care.