 Color / 831
Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:26:55 GMT

"Steve Dunn" <s%te#ven.j&.du?nn*@te%am#.t&els*tr$a.c?om> wrote in message

pieces so far produced in only one colour (excluding the grey varient);
3/4 pins
axels 3 long with stud

I have some of these in white... very handy too.

Not such a matter when these components were used mainly within a model.
With the evolution of construction, the intro of studless beams, these • peices
not often used on a models exterior are now more prevalent and more
obvious.

Agreed, I like the variety of colour that this has introduced, but do not
like
it when the colour clashes with the exterior scheme of a model. My greatest
bugbear is the blue axle pin with friction; IMHO the black one is usually
superior, but was not available for long in any quantity before the blue was
introduced, and therefore my collection of them is not huge. In contrast I
have many, many 1/2 pins in the (old) standard grey, so it is not so much of
a problem.

In conclusion, I like the variety of colour, but not the exclusivity of it.

Jennifer