 Technic / 13556
Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:08:28 GMT

In lugnet.color, Steve Dunn wrote:

<snip>

I have 20-20 but have difficulty differentiating black from dark stone from
instructions, (a side issue) black is somewhat lighter than dark stone ?

By the way, if any body has an opinion on the matter i would love to hear it as
i think i may be alone on what may be considdered an insignificant issue.

I'm with you on that Steve:  the new Technic (and other theme) instructions are
getting very difficult to differentiate the color of parts, namely, black, new
dark grey, and sometimes new light grey.  More than once I've had to disassemble
a partially-built model to replace parts. It's getting annoying.

I'm not crazy about the blue friction axle pins, tan axle pins, grey odd-axles,
etc. - they can cause color problems in finished models.  I guess so far, I've
only found this to be mildly annoying.  However, I think everyone will admit
that when sorting parts, a black 2-axle, a regular friction pin, and a black
friction axle pin were quite hard to tell apart from each other.

As for the grey odd-axles, I find that it helps in building a uniformly colored
grey MOC.  There isn't enough red axles for example to do the same.

build well!

john