 Technic / 13459
Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 01:15:10 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
   One problem I see with this crane pic is that one of the inlets on the pneumatic pistons doesn’t have a tube in it. If someone could explain how this crane arm is supposed to be lifted, I’d really like to hear it. Thanks.

Hi Vineet,

There are no hoses in the retract holes of either piston. It seems LEGO decided to just use gravity to retract them, if you have used pressure to lower the boom on

    8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck / Mobile Crane
841 elements, 0 figures, US$99, 1995
LEGO > TECHNIC > Tech Build / Advanced
you’ll realise this is probably a reasonable thing to do. There is definitely a hose connected to the expand holes on both pistons, so no problem raising it.

ROSCO