 Technic / 13466
Re: Ferrari
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 01:29:13 GMT

http://brickshelf.com/gallery/crowkillers/2005TechnicFerrari/legotechnicenzoferrari.bmp

I think this is a crowkiller hoax and the set should be removed from brickset,
etc.

Steve

Now this is a bad joke... or are you going to tell me that you were not kidding?

All kidding and joking and supposed hoaxes aside, here's a better pic (not mine
though).....

Personally, I think this is going to be a nice new supercar... I will likely be
ordering this set ASAP.  But then again I'm biased towards all LEGO supercars :)
MAybe the photo is deceiving, but the car seems very wide and very low.
Looks like a Technic red studless beam pack :)

Some quick observations:
- not sure if there is a front suspension (if not, I'll be a little
disappointed, but also very happy to add my own)
- the wheels and tires look like the 68.8x36 ZR found on the 1:10 scale Ferrari
F1 car - the 5 spokes look like add-on hubcaps (look closely at the rear wheels)
- there is an engine, so I would hope a transmission too

Yes it will be smaller than traditional supercars, just like the Ferrari F1 car
was smaller than the Williams and Silver (McLaren) Champion - probably to keep
the price down (especially considering the license costs).
If I had to guess I'd say 130 USD and 1000+ pieces....

build well

John