 Technic / 13338
Re: Ferrari
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:36:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Misha van Beek wrote:
Question- I thought that neither the Silver Champion nor the Williams F-1 racer
have a transmission (which are both bigger than lego supercars) and the other
technic Ferrari racer does not have a suspension or a transmission. Why is the
new Enzo Ferrari regarded as garbage by so many people?  It looks good.

Of course, appearance is just like steering- its all a matter of opinion (a
pinion).    (good joke or bad joke?)

Hehehe, well, the silver champ has a magnificent suspension, don't forget that,
and on top of that, it looks good. Now a formula one racing car with a gearbox
would be a little hard to do for TLC, thus I can accept that it doesn't have
one. And I cannot understand how you can say that the Enzo looks good, for all
angles are too smooth or too steep, and the model just does not look like an
Enzo. An Enzo is a car with a very genuine form, thus is not hard to recreate
well enough to get people to recognize it. I'm sure that Paul (Crowkillers) and
Nathanael (Industrialdesigner) could both have made a far better model, and
maybe I could have done that too.

Misha

I believe you three could build a better one.  You guys are talented.  I'm not
into sports cars unless you consider an old Ford Thunderbird a sportscar.
http://www.thunderbirds.org/
I think the old 'birds (1955-1966)look better than any other car, but heavy
equipment looks the best.  That's just my opinion.

Was the joke about opinion good, or was it so bad I would get hit if you were in
Ohio?