 Technic / 13476
Re: Technic tread links !!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:59:01 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=88402

Well, any idea how much that set goesfor, and how many links it has?

Because it might still be more economical to buy them as spare parts
from LEGO's educational division.

At a quick guestimate:

- IIRC links are about 6.4mm of length when in a chain
- Looks like about maybe... 400mm of track?
- So, maybe 55-70 links?
- Link says about $30.00 for MSRP

If you're JUST going by the links, about $0.54 to $0.43 per link?
Dacta's looks like it's $10.00 for 36 links, so $0.27 per link.

So, still cheaper to buy them from Dacta (as should be expected, probably), but
if you find them on sale for less than $20, it might make it worthwhile for just
the links. Awesome.

Ah well, I'll buy them anyway. I just like the fact that there's finally a
mainstream way of obtaining conveyor links! Plus, in a pinch, you can run out to
your nearest TRU or Lego store and pick some up, unlike the wait-2-weeks routine
from Dacta.

DaveE