 Star Wars / 5887
Re: Why I think we'll get Stormtroopers + Imperial ships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 23:33:33 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:

Anyway, the Stormtroopers were no great shakes in the first SW movie
either.

"Check the door. If it's locked, move on to the next one."  Ooh yeah, real
great search technique there.

"Hey, can you come up here and give us a hand?" *KLONK*

Which one had the Stormtrooper bouncing his head off of the girder? I
forget.

That's in ANH.

In general the Empire is portrayed as buffoonish, but it did
get worse from film to film.  For example, when the Star Destroyers
try to cut off the Millinnium Falcon from blasting off on Tatooine,
they don't actually screw up so badly they ram their ships together.
They do that in ESB.

(I'll forgive them their inaccuracy while shooting at Luke & Leia - a lot
of people complain about this, but they seem to forget that the Empire was
deliberately letting them escape...)

Right.  Good plot point.  But Ben's "only imperial storm troopers
are so accurate" when they find the jawa's sandcrawler destroyed
still makes me laugh.

In ESB, they seemed pretty competent during the assault on the Hoth base,
I'll give them that.  (Except, as I understand it, in the Special
Edition.  But I don't believe in the SE.  It doesn't exist.)

What was changed about the assault in the SE?  I didn't notice a
difference.

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"