 Star Wars / 5884
Re: Why I think we'll get Stormtroopers + Imperial ships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 23:17:30 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Simmons writes:
So far, every SW character that has been featured in TLG's logo for the SW
line has eventually appeared as a minifig.  Boba Fett and Han Solo took
awhile, but finally showed up.  Stormtroopers are the only characters left
that have not appeared in ABS.  I think they will be next.  Perhaps they're
taking their time to make sure they get the helmet sculpt just right!

There's a lot more missing than just Stormtroopers.  Though I'd like a
basketfull of those!

Just off the top of my head, the following are also still missing.  I'm sure
there are dozens more, probably in each movie.  I WANT THEM ALL!!!

Star Wars:
  Leia with buns hairdo
  Chewbacca
  C3P0!
  Sand people
  Jawas
  Greedo and the rest of the aliens in the Cantina

Empire Strikes Back:
  Yoda!
  Leia
  Lando
  Glowing Obi-Wan (a transparent minifig!  Cool!)
  Tauntauns
  The Ice Creature (A rock monster in white?  Hope it will be better than
that!)
  The astroid creature might be asking too much
  Lando's cybernetic friend (what's his name?)

Return of the Jedi:
  The Emperor
  Emperor's Guard  - I really want some of these!
  Glowing Yoda
  Glowing Anakin
  Leia
  A whole set of Rebel Aliens!
  Jabba the Hutt (Okay, I know this one's going to be a useless blob of
plastic like the Rock Raiders Rock Monster, but I would like one or two
anyway!)
  Jabba's band - more cool aliens!
  I'll pass on the Ewoks, though.

The Phantom Menace:
  The Queen - one of her in ALL of her various costumes!
  Darth Sidious
  Palptine
  The Jedi Council - here's another bunch of cool aliens
  The Senate - Could you imagine THAT set?!

--
  David Schilling