 Star Wars / *13198 (-100)
  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

"Jeremy Scott" <Copyright@cox.net> wrote in message news:Gw6Mq6.Ko8@lugnet.com... (...) AAA...AAA!!!...!!! -Jon (AAA...AAA!!!...!!!) -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

(...) I just got home from the movie and I give two MASSIVE lightsabers up for this flick. I can sum up my favorite part by saying YODA KICKS MAJOR #^%!!!!!! That's all I have to say, I won't ruin any of the movie for the ones who have not yet (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

(...) I won tickets and was able to see it this afternoon. It is great!!!! Hope you like it. Mike (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

I am on my way... To the midnight showing of SW: AOTC. Anyone else? Jeremy, Overjoyed... (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) I've seen the Podrace at a local KB Toys for about $40--if you're looking for one, maybe you should try there. No luck on the Falcon, alas... Dave! (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC Articulated Tauntaun

Thanks Joseph.....I know what you mean about the belly clearance. The first one I cobbled together was a little more proportionate, but was absolutely huge. I always have a problem with the real to minifig scale as the figures are somewhat stunted (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC Articulated Tauntaun

(...) I really like this direction so far. The one thing that made me question's it's taunaunieness was the hind legs. Don't they have more clearance off the ground? The scale looks pretty good to me otherwise but I didnt math it out =p~~. *goes off (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) Heavens no! <stimpy voice off>. I have one Falcon, and never even got a Mos Espa Podrace. With it available only by mail order I will probably never buy another Falcon. Likewise I am similarly stumped with the Republic Gunship...but I guess I (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

Yep, did I really write "Outrigger?" *Snort* That'd be a lot funnier if I hadn't written it. If you have the luxury and the bucks to buy an extra Falcon just to make an Outrider, I'm impressed. I'm still figuring out how to sell one of my kidneys to (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  MOC Articulated Tauntaun

Greetings, No, not a snowlizard that can deliver a poignant synopsis of Faulkner's views of the malaise of the modern spirit. Rather, an attempt at a fully posable mount for my sole Hoth rebel minifig. Inspired by David Eaton's amazing rendering of (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Death Star Gunner Station Playset

I've just added our latest work, Death Star Gunner Station playset on our homepage. (URL) click on the thumbnail to get to the pics of the playset and let us know what you think about it. We hope you'll enjoy the features that we've designed into (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

In lugnet.starwars, Monica Wilbur writes: Man, my collection of excess minifig heads in (...) Hmm...maybe we are thinking of different things, but don't you mean the Outrider? :) Maybe I should buy an extra Millenium Falcon and make an Outrider. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Tauntaun MOC

Dave, You got the shape of these critters right on the money...they look fantastic. In fact, they've put the urge for trying a couple out. Thanks for the inspiration! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mawhonic Podracer MOC (purple energy binders)

Hey! Awesome work Bruce! That is a very cool idea! I look forward to more pods :-D -Geordan- (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Silly picture of the week #2.

Sorry. (URL) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mawhonic Podracer MOC (purple energy binders)

Excellent job Bruce! Thought I don't often mention it, your attention to detail on your SW MOCs is absolutely amazing. The purple binders and near solid green model make this one of my favorite MOCs you've built. -Dave (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS TIE Fighter & Deconstructions

Here are the questions on my email which might be of interest to some of you. Were the UCS TIE Interceptors on sale at TRU priced at $69.99 each? Nope, they were on the clearance bins for $29.99 each. Granted the boxes were not mint and some were (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Tauntaun MOC

(...) (2 URLs) (...) Dave, I'm so glad you posted this. I love it; its simple yet detailed enough to know exactly what it is. I even like the ingenious use of the pistols. Thanks for sharing it with us, as well as the LDRAW file in .models. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Mawhonic Podracer MOC (purple energy binders)

Hey guys. I redid my Mawhonic's Podracer. There's just a few visible changes from the old version, but it now uses purple energy binders that I'm going to be implementing in my current and future podracers. you can see it here: (URL) me know what (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: first post and new moc

Welcome to LUGNET Jeff! :) I like your Jeep MOC. Do you like to build space MOCs as well? Oh, just a teeny suggestion dude...maybe try to resize the images down a bit, like 1200 X 900 or something? Dan (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  first post and new moc

hi, i am jeff dejong, (thats dee-young if you what to know how to pronounce it) i have been surfing around awile and seen some very cool creations. i'm into space sets mostly but i like the new alpha team stuff as well. well heres that new moc i (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

That was my first spoiler so I really didn't know the protocol. I realized my mistake as soon as I posted it. My apologies to various angry fans who are quite probably plotting my complete destruction. Dave. P.S. I knew Bruce willis was dead. (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ATOC cloning in real life

I'm gonna conclude this discussion over in .off-topic.fun! (Cause we’ve already done ‘nuff damage to .starwars…) (...) Actually, I'm sorry to say that the geekey tendencies inherent in your *field of study negates any ‘extra-credit-bonus’ you’d (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people)

  Re: New Tauntaun MOC

(...) Cool! I can almost hear them... that "donkey-whose-voice-...-cracking" moise. Jeff J (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Illustrations for SPIN and Mojo, May 2002

I was recently commissioned to do a couple of LEGO illustrations for magazines which should now be in print. The first is for the US magazine SPIN. It's a Star Wars themed illustration which is supposed to run about 1/4 page. Its for an article in (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO short movie "The Han Solo Affair"

(...) I knew cannon didn't seem right when I typed it. Stupid English homophones. (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.animation)

  Re: ATOC cloning in real life

(...) I'm a full-blown, stinkin' English major, so 6 points. (I read the book 4 times, so do I get extra credit for that?). I'm convinced my SW LEGO addiction is a subverted manifestation of my love for classic literature... *mo ducks to avoid the (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ATOC cloning in real life

(...) Uterus jokes are hysterical! Dave! (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ATOC cloning in real life

(...) For those of you (like me) who are only vaguely familiar with the literary works of Edward Morgan Forster here’s a link of explanation: (URL) looked this up cause the whole reference ‘just went over my head.’ Well, we all don’t have *brains as (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO short movie "The Han Solo Affair"

(...) Ahh, that's a riot! Kind of reminds me of some of the old Scooby Doo chases :) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LEGO short movie "The Han Solo Affair"

(...) Cannon, maybe (or cannon fodder) but not everything licensed by Lucas is necessarily canon. THat's been established already, I beleive. (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LEGO short movie "The Han Solo Affair"

(...) This is quite funny - definitely worth a watch. But if it's officially sanctioned by LucasFilm, should we treat it as cannon? (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.animation)

  Re: ATOC cloning in real life

(...) E.M. Forster would be rolling in his grave - "womb with a view." With only four months to go, gotta get me one of those ;). mo www.galacticbrick.com (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Tauntaun MOC

(...) Heehee-- that was actually what finally inspired me to try making them :) I kept trying to think "what comes in brown, is the size of a minifig 'peg', and is angled?" Only thing I could think of were the pirate pistols-- which kinda look silly (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Tauntaun MOC

(...) Do they make these in light grey? I thought about it, actually, but the only ones I have are in black, I think... (...) Heh, actually, the legs are already done this way :) [though I had to strengthen the technic pegs with wadded paper (shame (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Tauntaun MOC

(...) for the horns. Maybe the horn piece from some of the castle helms cut in half would work better? Anyway, I agree that Lego should make a set like this rather than pre-molded animals. I could imagine a set that was two tauntauns (made of (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Tauntaun MOC

These look great!! The shape is amazing....just like the real critter. AOK on the colour scheme as well... Cool. -G (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Tauntaun MOC

(...) Dave! These look great ... I do like John's idea, if there is a white or grey dino-tail. Even if that doesn't work out, though, these are gorgeous. Finally, scale Tauntauns! And they look great both ways (mounted and bareback) as well. Please (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Tauntaun MOC

I love the tauntauns you made, but if i could offer a few suggestions... - maybe try a dinosaur horn for the tail, the it will be off the ground and be nicely tapered. - also if you use a technic brick (with holes in it) in the chest, you could pass (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Tauntaun MOC

I was toying around with this idea for a little while now and finally pieced together a couple tauntauns last night. I rather like it. I just had to post. (URL) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars) !

  UCS TIE Fighter & Deconstructions

You’ll find the UCS TIE Fighter that we’ve built from the UCS TIE Interceptors that we got on clearance from TRU at our Brickshelf gallery. (URL) for the tremendous response on the deconstruction of the Sarlacc Pit. Though not as complicated as the (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  LEGO short movie "The Han Solo Affair"

Just stopped by FBTB and noticed that there's a link to the LEGO Studios site where there's a great little short LEGO movie made with Studios featuring loads of Star Wars characters (in fact it's an officially licensed Star Wars short film!). It (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.animation)

  Re: ATOC cloning in real life

(...) (URL)-AHui There’s nothing wrong with cloning humans. ~The stigma will eventually wear off. The same kafuffle occurred back in ‘78 with the 1st test-tube babies. Speakin’ of test-tube babies… <Humor on> I was a test-tube baby! For I had a womb (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

(...) ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... (...) Yes, but the diorama includes (URL) as well, which I feel fairly certain is NOT canon in any way. I think this is a diorama that's so pre-production that no (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

(...) Hey Dave-- It's customary to provide some spoiler space when you're ruining a movie for the readership. Typically a buffer of a few dozen lines is enough. Dave! By the way--Rosebud was the sled, the girl in The Crying Game is a guy, and Bruce (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

(...) I know for a fact that the scene depicted was of Mace Windu jumping in and- ***REALLY BIG SPOILER!!!*** -killing Jango Fett. But they just didn't have, for whatever reason, a darker head so they did the best with what they had. The purple (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Teaser Pic

(...) Lucky I was reading .space today, or I would have missed this cool starwars model-in-the-making. Keep up the good work Jason. Jeremy (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.starwars)

  ATOC cloning in real life

Attack of the Clones may become a reality in the furture. (URL) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

(...) Sure in the MOVIE that scene WILL happen but that 'movie instance in time' may or may not be what LEGO made on that display. Yes, you, I and the rest of the world may assume that and it is probbaly true but NOT offically stated that way. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

(...) wouldn't surprise most of us, but then that doesn't really explain WHY they didn't just go ahead and make a yellow Lando unless this same policy made THEM uncomfortable. I'd think most SW LEGO fans would love to see a Lando and Mace Windu even (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

Interesting tidbit here on the latest word regarding a Lando minifig: (URL) SPOILER WARNING** I also noticed in the Geonosis display what is clearly Mace Windu with a yellow head: (URL) say it is him not just because of the title of the picture but (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

I think you're mistaken on what's the cause and effect here. The reason Lego is "geared for boys" is because experienced Lego marketers (or is it marketeers?) realize that boys tend to buy more Legos than girls do. Now this is a generalized (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Strange "Part" in 7163 Republic Gunship

It's probably for the jedi knight with on extra. However, I wouldn't know, I haven't bought it. Dave (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Strange "Part" in 7163 Republic Gunship

(...) I got a lot of extra parts too, but not the capes. --Kai (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

(...) The inital arugment was that while LEGO states that the lego brick is for ALL KIDS, its really geared more toward BOYS! The Star Wars line in particluar has very little 'girl' stuff. (only 2 girl minifigs). So Tod figured that a Paradise/SW (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Strange "Part" in 7163 Republic Gunship

(...) Yup, these are in addition to the brown cape for the Jimmy the Jeneric Jedi. His brown cape was loose, while the black ones were in this 42927 "box". I guess I could make him an evil Jedi, since only evil people wear black capes... or not. (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Strange "Part" in 7163 Republic Gunship

(...) Are these on top of the brown one for Jimmy the Jedi minifig? If so, sounds like you got two really neat extra pieces. Play well Jeremy Scott (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Strange "Part" in 7163 Republic Gunship

(...) The black capes are for the jedi mini figure. (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Strange "Part" in 7163 Republic Gunship

Hey all, I just got a 7163 (I rather like it), but was puzzled by the inclusion of an unusual "part". It was a little cardboard box held together by tape that said 42927 on the outside. Inside was two, black capes. Any idea what these are for? I (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:GvrD7L.10n@lugnet.com... (...) Padime (...) devoted to (...) a (...) the (...) where (...) Good lord, she is a hardened politician, leader of an entire planet (excluding Jar Jar's lot but (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Old 2002 product Catalogs in New Star Wars Sets

(...) You best bet to check out for new sets is here ... (URL) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

I am intrigued by the "Padme and Handmaidens" set idea, but what has it to do with Paradisa? Paradisa is about beach settings in white and pink. Now don't get me wrong, Padme with the Paradisa babe face would rock -- it's just that otherwise I don't (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Old 2002 product Catalogs in New Star Wars Sets

(...) You know, this has bugged me too. Don't know why, maybe I'm expecting a little extra "excitement" in my box of LEGO on top of the bricks - kind of like Cracker Jack's mystery prize. It would be nice to see a 2002 set insert and look inside it (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Old 2002 product Catalogs in New Star Wars Sets

<snip> (...) LEGO Marketing IMO is always 'out of touch' with reality. Perhaps due to the sucess of the original (1999-2001) star wars sets marketing figured that there is NO need to 'future' market star wars legos. Not sure what their thinking is (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Bricks ! !

(...) --- (...) I've been eyeing this thing for the last coupla weeks, then the shiney SW2 catalog arrived, it even caught my wife's eye. This thing sounds like a brickyard supply. I guess like the Yoda sculp, once assembled would I dare touch a (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Old 2002 product Catalogs in New Star Wars Sets

I am certain this is in the wrong place but I really do not know where to put it. So I am starting with where I began finding the problem I am referring to, and please tell me where this belongs. Is any one a little disappointed that the newest LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

(...) I am not one to start any rumers but don't you think a Queen Amadala or Padime set would be great for the Paradisa line? You could have small sets devoted to the Queen's wardrobe with different caps and hats included. You could have a larger (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: More Celebration pics

(...) Check this link out for a bunch of good quality pics: (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Silly picture of the week.

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Error in my 7103 Jedi Duel

(...) Yes, this is awful. (URL) rather have stickers. It doesn't look anywhere near this bad in the special edition catalog. Don (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Silly picture of the week.

(...) UUUUUhhhhhh........ oookaayy..... Dave. (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !

(...) But now TLC has started breaking up the parts into sequentially needed bags (see, e.g., 7153) so the number of parts with which you must deal at any one time is substantially less than the total number of parts in the set. (...) This also (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Episode II Countdown

9...... (Sunday was 10, but I was busy.) -Mani :) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !

(...) Why dump the parts out of the bags? Usually, the parts are organized *mostly* by size -- all the smallest parts in one bag, all the biggest parts in another bag, and then everything in between going whereever it goes. Once you learn which bag (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !

(...) Yeah, that's often what I do for large sets. I won't quite *sort* the pieces so much as empty out the bags into seperate piles. And since all the X pieces in Y color come in a single bag (usually), it saves actually having to *really* sort the (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !

My thinking here is that there is a polynomial or even exponential time function at work with large sets. The more parts a set has, the greater the fraction of total build time is spent looking for a particular part. The way to decrease that (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Fixed Zam Wessels cockpit

Annoyed to no end or mercy by Zam Wessel's disbehaving cockpit, I made a small modification to keep it shut. It's small and painless, and still lets you open it when you want (as opposed to rubber bands). You need 2 (well technicially 3) pieces: a (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !

(...) 2 1/2, and thats it? :) I don't have the set, but that does seem a little sluggish :) It certainly looks more fun to build than the UCS X-Wing, which I have built. I'll really have to wait and see till I get one (key word there (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Beef'd Up The Gunship

(...) Really cool, Kai. I've had my Gunship for a week now, and finals have been keeping me away from doing what you did. All of this year's sets seem to suffer from the same swiss-cheesiness problem, and it's good to see the holes filled in. One (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Beef'd Up The Gunship

Well, I went and did it. I took the Republic Gunship and made it somewhat more accurate to the movie version. This one was a doosey. I am awaiting some parts so I can finish off the engine. I also used some bleeched white parts to give it that tan (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !

Took me ~8 hours total; had I worked straight through, blindness would have resulted. Would have been done sooner had I not used a wrong shade of grey early on. Finished the 'hammerhead' in ~2 hours then went to FL for the Orange Bowl. If you think (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Silly picture of the week.

I've started doing these again - very silly. Sorry. Here is this week's instalment. If anyone wants me to stop, just say the word! There's a Star Wars connection to my first offering, so I've posted it in two places. (URL) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !

(...) I bought it a little over a week ago at around 9pm at a TRU. Got home and started it at 9:30pm thinking "Well, the other UCS sets took me roughly 3 hours, so I'll still get to bed not long after midnight." I worked pretty much non-stop on it (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !

Yes, but it did take 5-6 hours and I couldn't see straight after I was done :) Ken (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !

I just spent two and a half hours working on the RBR I got at Target on Thursday. And I only finished the front hammer-head section. And I had to stop because my eyes were hurting. Is it just me. I'm no master Lego builder, but I've put together (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars CII

(...) (URL) Ron's hair? Who woulda expected to see that nice Harry Potter boy and his friends hanging out with all those battle droids. . . (What you really can't see in the picture is the Wolfman on the top row, left hand side. Someone had a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars CII

(...) Event pictures: (URL) here are the extra parts from the AT-AT for ya: (URL) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars CII

(...) PIC-TURES! PIC-TURES! (...) Only "well over an hour"? I reckon that pretty much shatters my best record ;) PIC-TURES! PIC-TURES! -s (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars CII

Hey everyone - Sorry no pictures yet!! But I just got back from Star Wars CII. Ondrew Hartigan and I drove down from Chicago for the day to meet up with Tim Saupe, that was a real treat seeing him in person after getting to know him pretty well (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

(...) Thanks for posting them at least...I haven't gotten it, and was wondering what the fuss was about. Actually, I am not jealous at all about not getting it... I guess I am not really a big star wars collector... the only real starwars sets I got (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

(...) They aren't scans, just photos shot with my digital camera. Considering the quality, I probably should have reduced the size. Be warned: these images are 200Kb-300Kb each. Start at: (URL) Steve (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Set Comments

(...) Bah, keep ranting! I was getting all into it and then you stopped! mo www.galacticbrick.com (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

Well, don't worry about Jar Jar. Though he plays a big part, he only has about three minutes of actual talking time (thank ye o' mighty script-writers and storyboard designers!)therefore they probably won't make another one of him! As far as Amidala (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

(...) Well, that's certainly my hope--and that's what Harry Knowles, the Ain't It Cool guy--has said in his review: "First, I must say that this film makes THE PHANTOM MENACE a better film. In fact, I would have to say that not only does it do (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

(...) Good point. I read a while ago that the Star Wars sets were supposed to focus on key characters. Amidala is definetely key. -Mani P.S. In Epi. II she's a senator. Sorry if I'm repeating common knowledge. (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

(...) No kidding. (...) I dunno. I'm kind of thinking/hoping that after EpII (and maybe EpIII), we'll have more appreciation for EpI. But it could be that I'm just a pollyanna. Steve (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

(...) Yeah...I saw a bunch of puzzles with packaging and pictures suggesting they were for kids (methinks us older fellers can do with cardboard, thanks), but was kinda puzzled (aha, ha, very funny) at one in particular that had sort of a "girls of (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

Padme was also in Anakin's Podracer ($14.99). j. (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

Woo Hoo. I just got one in the mail today! I had given up on it but I got a nice suprise. The pictures are pretty nice and definitely a keeper. I will bring this to the next NELUG meeting if people would like... Eric Kingsley (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

<snip> (...) What makes me mad is that LEGO tries to stay neutral on all issues (yellow faces for almost everyone, this is a toy for all kids) yet as my wife pointed out it's NOT! There are more 'male' minifigs that 'female', there are more 'male' (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact