 Star Wars / 13133
13132  |  13134
Subject:
Old 2002 product Catalogs in New Star Wars Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 20:46:33 GMT

I am certain this is in the wrong place but I really do not know where to put
it. So I am starting with where I began finding the problem I am referring to,
and please tell me where this belongs.

Is any one a little disappointed that the newest LEGO Sets to hit the shelves
have the oldest product catalog in them? I know this says 2002 on the outside,
but am I missing something. Do not the newer sets at this time of the year have
the next sets to come out? Where's the extreme team and the technic and the
bots stuff that is coming out? I have visited the altered states magazine toy
fair coverage a dozen times
(http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/lego_island_xtreme.shtml) and I have
yet to find anything from LEGO talking about the newer sets.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't these sets come out in June?

Now for the reason why this is in the Star Wars section. I was disappointed
that these Star Wars sets do not seem to be getting kids excited about the next
line of LEGO toys (Galidor aside). A kid gets his first Star Wars set, maybe
his first LEGO set becuase of Star Wars, and there is nothing in there to
excite kids about up and coming sets.

Maybe its just me, but LEGO Marketing seems to be missing the ball, for the
last 2 years. Maybe sales would be better if they found new blood at marketing
or perhaps adopted a new "Jedi" code.

Maybe they simply had the Star Wars sets together to long, like over the
winter, to have included anything LEGO has had in production or in the planning
stages for a year or more.

8~$

Todd