 Star Wars / 13135
Re: Old 2002 product Catalogs in New Star Wars Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 02:04:57 GMT

<snip>

Now for the reason why this is in the Star Wars section. I was disappointed
that these Star Wars sets do not seem to be getting kids excited about the next
line of LEGO toys (Galidor aside). A kid gets his first Star Wars set, maybe
his first LEGO set becuase of Star Wars, and there is nothing in there to
excite kids about up and coming sets.

Maybe its just me, but LEGO Marketing seems to be missing the ball, for the
last 2 years. Maybe sales would be better if they found new blood at marketing
or perhaps adopted a new "Jedi" code.

LEGO Marketing IMO is always 'out of touch' with reality.  Perhaps due to
the sucess of the original (1999-2001) star wars sets marketing figured that
there is NO need to 'future' market star wars legos.  Not sure what their
thinking is but perhaps they DID NOT have the 'catalogs' ready for release
when they boxed/shipped the star wars sets to store.

-AHui

Todd